The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by Dot »

Just got this back from NZ........ I have xxx out her naughty bits :lol: Marsden Point she ref to was an oil refinery....... Voting is not compulsory over there. :lol: :lol:

Know it's over $3 a litre 95 being the highest ,tried looking in the Herald...nothing but G will have on his ph.Diesel was close to $3 a litre yesterday as well.Cost of living has increased to 7.4% highest since 2011..xxxxxxx ridiculous actually there were no workers coming in to do picking planting etc from Tonga & the other Island..91 $2.73 to $3.14 ..98 is $3 65 average...95 between 91 & 98 price range...Diesel ranges between $2.14 to $2.16 but prices here in this sxxx hole city are at the top...Just asked G,he came in so that's what it is!! Barrel prices are low Marsden Point shut down 2 yrs ago ,we could be curing fxxxxxx petrol or what ever they did there..NO ONE is safe with ANY Government,now you know why I cannot be bothered with the bastxxxx..Won't waste my time energy petrol or getting my car out of the garage to go vote..Better go get the swap over going before the dobes start acting up!
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:10 pmtodays man.jpg
Is it the beard or the bad spot Dottie? Or the fact he can strut it out in stiletto boots? Certainly makes his leg muscles stand out .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:18 pm
Dot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:10 pmtodays man.jpg
Is it the beard or the bad spot Dottie? Or the fact he can strut it out in stiletto boots? Certainly makes his leg muscles stand out .......

T1 Terry
You would want to hope that poor bloke has lost a bet. :shock:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Looks like that bloke Dot record drives a ford
Now we see what he really drives :x

BOB
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Don't worry Bob, they will be racing them here in a year or so. We'll have to wait and see who turns up to drive 'em. :D
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

That may be the kid from the posh boys school on his way home :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

[quote="T1 Terry" post_id=129602 time=1647056293 ........
How many of your mates can actually drive between capital cities in one go? That is quite a long range fuel tank and long range bladder, then actually staying attentive for that long to still be driving safely and not need a coffee break ..............
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fast ... l-battery/

T1 Terry
[/quote]

Maybe three or four. Long range tank in a Prado or Patrol, or a big LPG Tank, it's not that hard. Staying attentive is the hard part. Does anyone here actually have an electric vehicle and can tell us how long their recharge actually takes.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
bob r

Post by bob r »

My ute goes a fair way on 144 lt petrol 110 lt lpg
Just need to sell the house to fill it at the moment. :shock:

Bob
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:38 pm How many of your mates can actually drive between capital cities in one go? That is quite a long range fuel tank and long range bladder, then actually staying attentive for that long to still be driving safely and not need a coffee break ........ Worth timing the next service station stop including fuel fill up, toilet trip and coffee and snack order being delivered, even if you eat and drink the coffee while driving ...... If you get it under 30 mins you will feel you rushed it, average is 3/4 hr to an hr plus. The average new EV will recharge to 80% SOC from the empty warning flashes in under an hr, the better ones in 20 mins, although that isn't good for long battery life at the moment.
LTO cells can handle a full recharge for 0% SOC to 95% SOC in 10 mins ...... at the right charger anyway .... they actually fluid cool the charger lead and plug now in the high output DC to DC chargers .... https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fast ... l-battery/

T1 Terry
Would love to go electric, but don't have the money and every time go for a ride in my friends Kona, think of selling a few things and buying one as she gets over 450klms and has driven from Hobart to Sydney in it. Charged it over night on the ferry, stopped over night a couple of places along the east coast. My cruiser carries 370lt of fuel when doing a long trip and 290lt normally, have driven from the ferry at port Melbourne to Sydney in one day when in a hurry. Now with the highway it's boring breeze, but when driving interstate trucks, it was an over night nightmare and trip I hated, much preferred to do the road train runs.

Paid $2.10 a lt for diesel the other day locally, $2.35 in some places in Hobart and 20 lt of diesel lasts me up to a month as only use it for starting and shutting down the engine at night. Over $50 for 20lt was a bit of a shock to the system, but do have 1000lt of diesel and close to 10000lt of oil stored at home, so should be right when supplies stop coming into the country for awhile. The 1000lt bought last year when prices dropped to $1lt, put 5 x 200lt drums on the truck and filled them up, which has saved me a bit and now have enough emergency supplies when things get tough as they most surely will. Just have to keep topping up my reserves until it becomes to expensive to buy diesel.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Maybe three or four. Long range tank in a Prado or Patrol, or a big LPG Tank, it's not that hard. Staying attentive is the hard part. Does anyone here actually have an electric vehicle and can tell us how long their recharge actually takes.
I don't but my friend has a kona and we did a trip to Devonport and back for a test before she did her Sydney trip. We arrived in Devonport with 160klm left to drive, plugged it in and 15 mins later the car was fully charged and was free at that time. Told me she didn't know how long it took from below 50klms because she charged overnight at stops and based the stops on 400klm driving distances, along with a bit of running round at her overnight destination checking the place out, (looking for good wine for the night I expect). She drives at 90kph and uses regen braking exclusively.