The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:36 pm Don't worry Bob, they will be racing them here in a year or so. We'll have to wait and see who turns up to drive 'em. :D
What Drag racing? ;) :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

bob r wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:00 am My ute goes a fair way on 144 lt petrol 110 lt lpg
Just need to sell the house to fill it at the moment. :shock:

Bob
I doubt you are getting 16ltr/100km towing a van while carrying that weight in fuel, so what do you get per 100 kms on petrol and what do you get on LPG?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I paid $1.92/l for unleaded 91 yesterday. Diesel prices around Newcastle vary between $2.16 and $2.30. :o

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The Rivian https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/d ... ch-130938/ has a towing capacity of 5 tonnes and a range of over 650 kms when the big battery is installed (not while carrying the 5 tonne I'm guessing) If an RV owner wants to travel more than say 400km a day without stopping, they are obviously travelling along or will be very shortly :lol:
We do, but it's a driver swap thing and we are exhausted when we arrive ..... if we were retired and not bound by business timelines, we certainly wouldn't do 400km a day .....
Serious thought needs to go into the resistance to change, are the range anxieties real or a stretch of the imagination that the driver really could drive that far in one hit, then repeat it in under an hr to travel the same distance again ..... unless you are still a driving long range truck driver, I doubt many can actually drive the distances they remember they once did in the past .... even ex truck drivers find it hard when the return to life behind the wheel ....

Fuel price in Mannum at the moment, over $2 ltr for diesel, seems to change while you are watching it :roll:

T1 Terry
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:25 am
supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:36 pm Don't worry Bob, they will be racing them here in a year or so. We'll have to wait and see who turns up to drive 'em. :D
What Drag racing? ;) :lol:
Good one T1. Wish I thought of that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fuel of any type is over $2.25/l on the GC now. It's going to cost plenty to get down south this year.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Dave, I'm starting to wonder if I should go down south this year as it would require approx 500 litres.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

We are going to go somewhere this year no matter what the fuel costs are, the past 5 years have seen us trapped at home because of illness and pandemic lock downs so bugger the cost now start packing. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good thinking Dot. We can't just keep living in a bubble. With the exorbitant price of fuel, we might just have to free camp or park in friends/family driveway a bit more.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Terry it likes a drink when towing about 24 to 26 on petrol 30 something on LPG
That's pulling 4 1\2 ton plus fifth wheeler at the posted speed limit

Bob
jon_d