The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Greynomad

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by Greynomad »

We get about the same from our Winnie Explorer — 8.1t (9.5t with car on trailer).
Turbo diesel with overdrive auto, 6.5l V8.
Do Eveready make a battery big enough to replace that? 😳🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

3 Klicks to the litre so we probably will be going all the way to Stanthorpe showgrounds this year (10 k's)
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Murray River Sunday 13/22 Diesel $2.25 L
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

It’s not just us.
The Yanks are in uproar at soaring prices.

Some workers are saying it’s not financially feasible to go to work because the fuel costs exceed their wages!

American gasoline has rocketed up to 😳 — wait for it — 😳 63c/litre!!!!
😳🤭😳🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

My lady is back from Sweden finally and petrol there is just under A$4 a litre, it's gone up 40% since the invasion and rising every day she tells me. Oil companies are making a fortune as their extraction, refining costs and transport etc have not risen in years, they just bump up the price when any crisis happens as a way to increase profits and nothing else. Then they drop it a few cents to make people think prices are coming down and each cycle the base price increases, makes you wonder if the people will ever do anything but continue being abused and ripped off by the deranged elites of the world, before they make the planet unlivable, or blow us all to bits.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:24 am It’s not just us.
The Yanks are in uproar at soaring prices.

Some workers are saying it’s not financially feasible to go to work because the fuel costs exceed their wages!

American gasoline has rocketed up to 😳 — wait for it — 😳 63c/litre!!!!
😳🤭😳🤭
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 447015002/ USD 5.06 a US gal, AUD 6.94 per US gal, x 3.875 ltrs to the US gal = AUD 1.79ltr ..... not as over the top as we are paying at the moment, but their fuel is subsidised and our fuel is taxed twice and in some states three times. On the ABC they were talking about 44c per ltr excise, diesel in Mannum is $2.35 last time I looked, so 23.5c GST and in at least NSW, there is tax of 3c ltr, that's 70.5 cents of every ltr going to govts ..... Then of course there is the tax on wages to pay for the fuel in the first place .....
Until they figure out how to tax the sun, solar recharged electric vehicles certainly are a better proposition as far as reducing the tax load on the $$ we get.

If you did a personal conversion to hybrid and not mention it when rego came around, you wouldn't even have to pay the EV tax some states have added ...... or register a Blade as a Hyundai Getz (the vehicle it is based on) and not mention anything about it being an EV 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:21 pm We get about the same from our Winnie Explorer — 8.1t (9.5t with car on trailer).
Turbo diesel with overdrive auto, 6.5l V8.
Do Eveready make a battery big enough to replace that? 😳🤭
No, but Samsung, Panasonic, Tesla, Winston, OSN, A123 and a lot of other battery producers do ...... They do even have electric buses here in Australia, the country most backward in moving forward, so it is certainly feasible ..... Many of the new local delivery trucks are now coming out as full EV or hybrid, the big Hybrid Prime Mover will hit the Australian market very soon and there are a staggering number of pre-orders from the major companies in the transport game ...... so it will be here far faster than most expected or predicted ...... those who stand to loose big time when fossil fuel no longer powers transport are really ratcheting up their scare campaigns, but the tide is already on the rise, so to speak, I won't want shares in a fuel company or a diesel engine building company at the moment ...... but multi fuel turbine builders and those adapting them to big gensets, they are in for a booming few yrs.
Maybe even the fuel cell industry will see a revival, methane converted to ammonia and converted back to methane in the vehicle could be the new fuel for trucks rather than trying to master LNG tanks, dispensing, vaporising and metering into the engines .... well the last part is already old technology, the conversion from liquid to gas is already well established and direct liquid injection was in the early stages before a greedy past govt taxed LPG .... so that might be yet another alternative.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:31 pm I get 4.61 ks per litre in the bus.

Brick at 95kph weighing 7.6 t.
That is impressive JD, towing a trailer the Hino gets about the same, maybe worse ..... although the 95km/h might be exceeded by just a tad :lol:

T1 Terry
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

I know we are expecting the petrolium fuel to drop off as EV takes over, then why is Mobile building so many new servos in local comptition with the others ?

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:04 pm I know we are expecting the petrolium fuel to drop off as EV takes over, then why is Mobile building so many new servos in local comptition with the others ?

PeterH
I would imagine as base for a multi use complex, the roof area covered in solar and multiple EV charging bays. Underground tank installation doesn't make any sense these days, unless they have come up with an underground LNG tank. Maybe turbine fuel could go in the fuel tanks after the demand for certain petrol types vanishes, E85 might rise in popularity for the high performance petrol heads, but diesel would be better in above ground tanks until it is phased out completely.
Then again, they could be building fuel storage facilities for transport to mines and farms, I'd imagine they would be the last to transition away from diesel, although big mine equipment is electric now, just with a diesel generator on board, and much of the newest farm equipment is autonomous electric .... so .... who knows :?

T1 Terry