The price of fuel.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: The price of fuel.

Post by T1 Terry »

They have progressively increased battery capacity and efficiency increasing the range but I believe the area the battery takes up is the same space ...... so a battery upgrade is possible but the efficiency part isn't, so an expected range would then probably be around the 400km mark.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

Filled the Suzuki Ignis up yesterday here at our local in the Lockyer. Tis only a small tank and took 28 litres however premium was 244.9 cents a litre. :o
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

DerekBullock wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:08 am Filled the Suzuki Ignis up yesterday here at our local in the Lockyer. Tis only a small tank and took 28 litres however premium was 244.9 cents a litre. :o
What is diesel going for up your way Derek?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
DerekBullock

Post by DerekBullock »

Three days ago I topped the motorhome up with shell premium diesel for 222.4 cents a litre.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

All fuel from Shell is the most expensive anywhere around Newcastle.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Energy from the sun converted to electrickery and stored in a battery is about as cheap as you can get .... well except for a free charging station I guess ;) :lol: No more oil changes, smelly diesel exhaust or diesel smell through your clothes when refuelling ..... and as a bonus, you get the biggest house battery you could ever want ....... and you can use it o power the house when the vehicle is parked up at home ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Are you sweating at the fuel pump while filling the tank?

Are you feeling weak at the knees and shaking as you go to pay the attendant?

You might have carownervirus ....... ;)
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

DerekBullock wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:25 am Three days ago I topped the motorhome up with shell premium diesel for 222.4 cents a litre.
Thanks Derek, it's pretty much the same on the GC.

T1, that's very good. I'm pinching that line.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

solar powered car.jpeg
Now you can calculate your saving while you drive ......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Looks like the swing to EV is faster than even the manufacturers had expected
https://premium.goauto.com.au/mg-uk-sto ... trol-cars/ Seems if you want a petrol powered MG your order will have to be filled from the floor stock at UK dealerships ..... until the supply drys up I guess.
I doubt if I'd be rushing out to order a petrol model, if production has stopped, so will the spare part supply have stopped ..... so anything related to the engine, gearbox or fuel system might be hard to source in a few yrs .....

T1 Terry