Da Gummint must be broke!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Da Gummint must be broke!

Post by BruceS »

Terry it's called "buying votes" & it's being done by both sides & to be honest he who 'buys' the most will win.
Offer a 50% pay rise & 25% super paid for by the greedy companies & they'll win easily.
T1 Lithium a company Terry?
98% of the population are only interested in what ends up in their bank account anyway.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dream4red

Post by dream4red »

I listened to a retired army general who had been active in many flood and fire programs. He made it clear that all governments need to accept that the climate has changed and we need the right support now. Starting with better drainage systems that can actually take the heavy water and remove it before it gets into homes. River systems that have been flooded need to have extra damming around their banks. Ha also made it clear that the Qld dams need to be built now and stop fiddling around. I agreed with his opinion regardless of political persuasion, we need to act now.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

1. In the years before SWMBO retired, her 32km commute to teach in inner-city Carlton went from 25~35min to a minimum 1h15m.
“Rush Hour” went from a 2hr band morning & evening to 0600~1700 — non-stop.
2. Our home in Melbourne was just 5m above sea level.

These were the two major reasons we sold up and moved.
Now, it’s “peak hour” if I have to wait for two or three cars before leaving our driveway, and we’re 157m above sea level.

Another benefit: Royal Melbourne Hospital was 35km from home. I had to allow a minimum 1h20 to drive in & park, and then up to 10 minutes to get to the clinic.
Albury Hospital’s Cancer Clinic is 52km away and I can be parked and in the waiting room in 35~40mins.

In both locations public transport was not an option. In Melbourne the train service was infrequent & timetables rarely coincided with my appointment times. In Rutherglen it’s non-existent.
Every election — state and federal — we were promised better train services by both sides. In 36 years nothing eventuated. In fact it got worse.
At least in Rutherglen it’s not even worth promising. Although the Albury to Melbourne service is a good substitute.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:53 pm Terry it's called "buying votes" & it's being done by both sides & to be honest he who 'buys' the most will win.
Offer a 50% pay rise & 25% super paid for by the greedy companies & they'll win easily.
T1 Lithium a company Terry?
98% of the population are only interested in what ends up in their bank account anyway.
Now you are saying stuff like a politician Bruce, a govt can't force a pay rise, just block it where possible. A 25% increase in super would loose votes from both sides, people want more spending money, not more money they can't touch until they retire and then end up with too much money to collect a govt pension .... a GST increase only helps future govts many yrs from now ..... when did a govt care about what happened past the next govt cycle?
The state election is this Sat, money to build a basketball stadium v increasing the number of ambulances and hospital beds and nursing staff ....... is it case both parties are buying votes in this case? How many suspect grants have gone to marginal voting areas to boost the govt in power's chance of getting re-elected?

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I believe they are excersising the right to satirically rip it up those who keep trying to pass the buck ..... but umm... hitting very close to the mark on more than one occasion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFy2TuPDaw

Warning, sort of twist of the "F" word dropped more than once during this video

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

If you do follow that link it also shows a few videos about EV policy and clean air. Quite good satire, but so true
I wonder who funds the production team?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.