Home Essentials

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Eddy

Re: Home Essentials

Post by Eddy »

Safety in numbers may have just watched Wolf Creek :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Eddy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:03 am Safety in numbers may have just watched Wolf Creek :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Some people I know didn't go out for a while after watching that flick. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

European travellers suffer this problem because space in any over night stop area is at a premium and you get given a very hard time if you didn't think of others and just take up a spot in the middle of a clear spot.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Agree with you there, T1,
Travelling up the Stuart Highway a while back we camped at a Roadside Rest Area of about 5acres. Covered picnic table & water tank provided.
We were one of about four vans that evening, widely spread.
Just on sunset a Bongo Van drove in & pulled up 6” off our awning. 🙄
I went out & explained to the German driver and his lady passenger that this is a big country. He didn’t get my meaning, so I explained in words of one syllable.
He moved.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Now, really, people…

You can't possibly consider yourself a caring homeowner unless your patio features a…
Nodding Dog Planter…
or three!
Noddy Dog Planters.jpeg
Apart from containing your on-trend plant,
as the breeze catches it, the doggy planter
:? nods its head and wags its tail!

How can you possibly look your neighbours in the eye unless you own at least one of these marvellous accessories?
Order yours today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I think we have four or five on the front deck, all came with the house. More rustic beaten metal and not painted but the bronze look

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Are you sure it’s not bronze but the “patina of age”?
(AKA ‘rust’) 🤣🤣🤣
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:31 pm T1,
Are you sure it’s not bronze but the “patina of age”?
(AKA ‘rust’) 🤣🤣🤣
I meant to take a photo this morning and post it for you, not all of them are pot plant holders, a few are spider hotels :lol: The previous owner was a dog lover and it was a dog friendly holiday rental house, so dog photos, memes and assorted "metal craft art" throughout the place. It now has a kombi collection of photos and nik naks as well as sheep nik naks in Margaret NZ shrine ;)

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

While cleaning Girt in preparation for sale, I found one windscreen wiper was a very comfortable spider hotel.
The resident had a rather attractive red stripe on its back.
After it abandoned its room, it landed on the concrete and flattened itself (well, with the assistance of my gumboot) and tried to convince me that it was dead, and to bother it no longer.
It was a very convincing performance. 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:09 pm While cleaning Girt in preparation for sale, I found one windscreen wiper was a very comfortable spider hotel.
The resident had a rather attractive red stripe on its back.
After it abandoned its room, it landed on the concrete and flattened itself (well, with the assistance of my gumboot) and tried to convince me that it was dead, and to bother it no longer.
It was a very convincing performance. 😁
One of the early jobs here in the shed at Mannum, we let the people stay in their caravan inside the workshop. Being Qlder's they needed the diesel heater from about 4pm. We came in the next morning and every spider in the place was either dead on the ground or the much tougher red backs hanging on a piece of thread from behind a sign or wall joist, close to death :lol:
We keep asking when they are coming back because the spiders have started to return and the sparrows are trying to build nests again ;)

T1 Terry