Tourist feature

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Tourist feature

Post by Greynomad »

I may not be popular mentioning this here, but the magazine focused on wandering motorhome travellers published by The Club We Shouldn’t Mention has this month included an eight page feature on Rutherglen and its wineries.
Great reading.
The one thing I take issue with is the statement that Rutherglen is still focussed on producing fortified wines.
Yes, our vignerons still produce excellent tawny and other fortified wines, but it’s no longer the major product.
I do like the description of Durif, but as a native of the Hunter Valley, I reckon some of the older Hunter Hermitage wines give Durif a run for the money in the ‘robustness’ stakes!
I have downed many a glass where you could taste the flint in the soil the vines grew in. 🤭😳

If the feature prompts you to drop by, PM me.
We have a concrete slab with water & power at hand.
If we’re home, the Welcome Mat is out. 😀
We’re 600m from the town centre and 200m from the nearest cellar door. It’s our ‘corner shop’! 😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Re: Tourist feature

Post by RobertNotBob »

Sounds excellent mate look forward to calling in one day. Robert