Name Of Your Outfit

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Name Of Your Outfit

Post by T1 Terry »

Martin B wrote:mh WATERSHIP.

The very literary Members may make the connection with owners - Martin & Christine Bunny
:lol: Remember the movie, and the jokes that followed it. In a butchers shop window "You've seen the movie, enjoyed the music, now eat the cast" :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

M/h #1 was a 1982 Mazda 3500 with Jayco prototype body (chassis #6 of 6) which we called "Turtle": it carried its home on its back, and despite a 10-speed split diff, only exceeded 80km/h if we were going downhill with a tailwind!
M/h #2 was a 1989 Coaster with "The Bus" in 16" high letters in both sides, and the same name in the Destination Board up front. We kept the name. We worked out that it had been a Mornington Peninsula (Vic) Community Bus which my M-i-L used to ride. Sentimental attachment.
M/h #3 is a 2003 Winnie Explorer. Up front and on the rear we have a map of Oz surrounding the name, "Our home is... GIRT".
Amazing the people who don't get it!
I've had a lady ask what G.I.R.T. stands for. :roll:
When I told her it was part of the lyrics from a song, she asked, "Oh? What song?" :oops:
And at Boonah, while inside Girt, I overheard someone on Open Day say,
"I dunno about some of these motorhome names! What the hell is a GIRT?" :roll:
:D :D :D :D :D
Girt at Camooweal billabong.jpg
Girt at Lake King Goods Shed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Looks good Ray
PeterH
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

M/h #3 is a 2003 Winnie Explorer. Up front and on the rear we have a map of Oz surrounding the name, "Our home is... GIRT".
Amazing the people who don't get it!
I've had a lady ask what G.I.R.T. stands for.
When I told her it was part of the lyrics from a song, she asked, "Oh? What song?"
And at Boonah, while inside Girt, I overheard someone on Open Day say,
"I dunno about some of these motorhome names! What the hell is a GIRT?"
Maybe you need to add a very large C around the the Australia outline :lol:
Nice looking unit. I know what you mean about the 3500 Mazda, although, to it's credit, if the straight is long enough our 3500 bus will get up to 110km/h, a down hill run up first does help though :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

Must have been a BIG hill and bloody long :lol:

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Busman

Post by Busman »

Think you are all liars
We had a 3500 as a greenhouse building truck, genuine legal 7 seater
We would leave a project in Shepparton to come home at the same time
They would drive all night, I would stop in a motel and have a good kip (even though the Hillux was as overloaded as them)
Usually passed them on the Gateway arterial
not the fastest jap truck ever unleashed on th Aussie market !

William :roll: :roll: :roll:
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Drove a 3500 as a tilt tray, useless as a smash truck as it was a day late getting to an accident. :oops: :roll:

Up graded to an Isuzu :D and in comparison it was so much quicker it got to the accidents before they happened. :lol: :lol:
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

After driving a Kombi for 10yrs you get to know how to make them go :lol: It does the same km/ltr as the kombi as well, just the fuel is near 3 times the price :o might have to put LPG on this one as well :D
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here-- My 1st was a Mazda T3500 1983 model now replaced witrh a 1998 Sprinter.
The Mazda was named "MAZDA-Bater. (some of my friends think its just another way of saying Wanker)
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

That's a beauty Keith, hope your Sprinter isn't called "Premeject" i.e. fast wanker :oops:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.