New Bus

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Greynomad

Re: New Bus

Post by Greynomad »

Here we go again… :roll:
This is designed to avoid over charging the lithium batteries, they are glutenous pigs when it comes to being fed and will take in all the current they can get .... right up until they destroy themselves.
T1, the word you were trying for is "gluttonous". "glutenous" means a gooey mass… come to think of it, maybe you did choose the right word, if you wanted to describe a cooked lithium battery. :lol:

(Using the laptop, as I've given up accessing this forum on my phone…)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Well I have done this and no more BS will be entered into ...!!! I rest's me case ...!!! :evil: :evil: :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0e7AM0LMWU

vik... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:20 pm Here we go again… :roll:
This is designed to avoid over charging the lithium batteries, they are glutenous pigs when it comes to being fed and will take in all the current they can get .... right up until they destroy themselves.
T1, the word you were trying for is "gluttonous". "glutenous" means a gooey mass… come to think of it, maybe you did choose the right word, if you wanted to describe a cooked lithium battery. :lol:
Bugga, and I asked Mr Google to see if I had the spelling correct .... but auto correct could have been involved so I'll take my stripes for not proof reading before hitting submit, proof reading your own work usually results in what you meant to say being read rather than what is actually there ;) :twisted:

T1 Terry

(Using the laptop, as I've given up accessing this forum on my phone…)
First step in the right direction .......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:15 am proof reading your own work usually results in what you meant to say being read rather than what is actually there ;) :twisted:

T1 Terry
That's the skill of proofreaders & subeditors.

Never check your own work... first blunder made by cadet & junior journalists.
And a University Degree in Journalism does not absolve you from making this mistake. :roll:

BTW, Proofreaders & Subeditors have different duties. A proofreader is not allowed to change copy, only point out errors (usually literals & punctuation etc) & return it to the Sub or Journo for correction. A Subeditor can change copy, (moving order of paragraphs, adding or changing text for clarity etc) but usually does it in conference with the journo.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Faith lost in mankind ... :cry:

More like unkind ... :x

I Got a 2000 inverter I said , flog me one of your 200 AH Litho batteries I said , then I will have 400 whatsanames I said , so now I need an AC that will work with that set up I said , buy a fridge, battery and a Harrier Lite and get a free chair he said ... The AC will work like a dream he said ...

Well pigs arse it does , 30 seconds and trips the inverter , all other crap off as well , 30 seconds is it ...!!! :evil:

So lookin at the book it says 2413 watts so HTF can a 2000 inverter power 2413 ...???

Any Terrency tricks Terrence ...??? Pub open yer FFS ...???
TNOZ0257.JPG

so do I get 2600 or a 3000 :o

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

wrong spec.

volts times amps. 220V, 7.5 amps. electric 1650 watts. (not effective cooling watts)
what is tripping? Inverter or battery? could be the wiring?
could be the lithiums are not up to the task.

what does the spec on the inverter say?

how many amps is the inverter drawing?

what else is turned on?

what happens when the cooling is set to economy and not so cold?
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

jon_d wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 pm wrong spec.

volts times amps. 220V, 7.5 amps. electric 1650 watts. (not effective cooling watts)
what is tripping? Inverter or battery? could be the wiring?
could be the lithiums are not up to the task.

what does the spec on the inverter say?

how many amps is the inverter drawing?

what else is turned on?

what happens when the cooling is set to economy and not so cold?

https://enerdrive.com.au/product/epower ... ty-switch/

Turned everything off , runs fine on fan only ,22 deg and AC on = 30 seconds and trips the inverter

Batts were at 86% charge , both are new
IMG_2514.JPG

vik ...???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Just take it back to the person who designed and installed it.

It's right on the limit. The inverter is rated at 7.5 amps The AC recons 6.8 amps. Add some power factors issues and it would drop out.

Try running it on eco mode and adjust the temp to a little under ambient. See what happens.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

jon_d wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:20 am Just take it back to the person who designed and installed it.

It's right on the limit. The inverter is rated at 7.5 amps The AC recons 6.8 amps. Add some power factors issues and it would drop out.

Try running it on eco mode and adjust the temp to a little under ambient. See what happens.
So go for a 2.6 ya reckon :?:

https://www.redfleetsafety.com.au/shop/ ... HgQAvD_BwE

One in one out ... :P

same box ... :D

vik...
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I'd speak to them about it.

Not prepared to say yes or no.