Today's visitors

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Dot

Re: Today's visitors

Post by Dot »

The santuary where our little corella Pete went gets fresh fruit and vegs every day along with her bird pelletts and seed. Magpies are also effected with feet and beak probs when fed the wrong food.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Agreed about the bird diets. Our town has kookaburra with a distinctively damaged beak. The town have named him Chip and most of us agree that it has been fed too much mince and not encouraged to be a kookaburra.
IMG_2323.JPG
I didn't take that photo, but as hit is a town mascot, his photo is freely shared on f**kbook.

George, you parrot is lovely and a lucky bird to be in your sanctuary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Tanks has a family of Kookaburras which visit for a regular feed of raw chicken meat.
They still fend for themselves for most of their food.
As far as I can tell there are several generations of them, and no sign of problems.
Likewise we have five generations of Magpies which receive fresh meat occasionally (when the girls are safely inside). No problem noticed yet. We’re not their primary food source.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields