To awn or not to awn ...???

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Vik351

To awn or not to awn ...???

Post by Vik351 »

Me thinks this bloke might be on to it ...???

Never really used the luxo barge much to use the electric awning, just used it to hit trees and replaced one ... !!! :o :shock: :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEWS_drApnM

what say the clan ...???

vik... :?:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Re: To awn or not to awn ...???

Post by Dot »

I would go for the house electric awnings, come in automatically when rain /strong winds approach . Know of some people that have them and are impressed with them. The fiamma are too flimsy. and plastic crap that deteriorates.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:39 pm I would go for the house electric awnings, come in automatically when rain /strong winds approach . Know of some people that have them and are impressed with them. The fiamma are too flimsy. and plastic crap that deteriorates.
BUT.... do they have them on a curved van ...??? :(

The eleci one the Luxo Barge had I liked , just push a button for in and out and no poles in your way ...!!! BUT needed straight walls for all the arms and struts to work ... :roll:

Like the simplicity of the Cavana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3MghMJG9Bw

But again , need flat sides, have see em on Sprinters (vids) and the runners stick out like T1 balls before the opp :o :o :o

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

George said some of the awning makers have brackets that fits the awnings to varying shapes. Maybe if your van roof is flat you could put awning on roof
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:31 pm George said some of the awning makers have brackets that fits the awnings to varying shapes. Maybe if your van roof is flat you could put awning on roof
Yea, most van type come off the roof hence the folding arms problem and the need for poles into the ground
Motorhome 6 Upstand on Coachcraft[6731].JPG

now dont like the look a that ... :shock:

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.