Bureaucracy Gone Mad

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Bureaucracy Gone Mad

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:11 pm During the initial Covid outbreak we had to do business with Centrelink.
There was a man at the locked street door who brought people in one at a time and asked about 7~10 questions before opening the inner door to the reception desk.
Receptionist then proceeded to ask me the identical questions!
When I protested that I had already answered them to the satisfaction of the doorman, I was told I had to answer them again before they would process me.
So I said, “The answers are no, no, no,no, and yes.”
I was then told I had to wait until she asked me the questions.
I asked for the office manager, who told me the same thing, to which I asked “Why?”
“Government directive.”
“Can you show me that directive?”
“No. Confidential government document.”
So I complied under protest, then wrote to the Minister.
His response was,

.”
And that’s a direct quote. 🤬
You missed the perfect opportunity to use the hearing impaired assistant you brought with you, they give up after the first few times because their time based performance assessment goes down the toilet .... and your answers at a few decibels above comfort level so everyone in the office hear you just adds to performance :lol: You can see all the rather annoyed people who are not directly in the firing line mouthing the words as you say them after the first few times ..... throwing in the odd screwball answer because you didn't fully understand the question helps as well :D .... and as you are leaving and smile/wave to the doorman, you reach into your pocket and put your hearing aids back in while saying in a very soft voice "Who do you reckon won that 'pissing off' contest" ....... the look on the doorman's face is priceless ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
To show just how ludicrous the double questioning was, the receptionist (3m from the doorman) asked, “Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?”
I felt like saying, “Yes. Since the doorman asked, I have spent a week in Vietnam and China.” and watch her reaction. :twisted:
Unfortunately SWMBO vetoed that. ☹️
If it ever happens again I will appeal her decision. 😁
(I did protest that nothing had changed in the 3m walk from the door… to no avail.)
Coupla weeks later I received a letter from some Centrelink honcho saying I had been aggressive towards the staff!!! :roll:
A repeat would bring (unspecified) consequences. :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:44 pm T1,
To show just how ludicrous the double questioning was, the receptionist (3m from the doorman) asked, “Have you travelled overseas in the past 14 days?”
I felt like saying, “Yes. Since the doorman asked, I have spent a week in Vietnam and China.” and watch her reaction. :twisted:
Unfortunately SWMBO vetoed that. ☹️
If it ever happens again I will appeal her decision. 😁
(I did protest that nothing had changed in the 3m walk from the door… to no avail.)
Coupla weeks later I received a letter from some Centrelink honcho saying I had been aggressive towards the staff!!! :roll:
A repeat would bring (unspecified) consequences. :shock:
Send a letter back saying you were harassed/ bullied by their staff. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I did!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields