Oz & USA

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Oz & USA

Post by Greynomad »

WHY are Australian women protesting about a decision of the American Supreme Court?
Demonstrations in Oz will likely never be seen by US television viewers, and have no impact on their Supreme Court.
And their Supreme Court decision has absolutely no effect on Australia’s abortion laws!
Wasting their time and that of the news organisations. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Re: Oz & USA

Post by Dot »

Making our voices heard so the MEN making decisions do not get any ideas. I would like to see the mycoxafloppin pills banned. No uterus no vote. They will reverse that nonsense pretty soon. Personal choice.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
WarrenK

Post by WarrenK »

There was a news article a couple weeks ago stating if the US Supreme Court were successful reversing the Roe V Wade ruling, other governments around the world might try to reverse abortion right for their population.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

That's right Warren.
Women are just letting our elected representatives know that half the population is female and entitled to be included in any decisions about their bodies. Don't want to wait until the men in power get their tiny minds twisted by some weir septic tank.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Yep. +1 for solidarity.

Shame on others trying to control or influence an outcome on others. Esp old white males.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Even proven rape victims were denied abortions, should be up to the individual not a government decision & women wanting an abortion will still seek out same.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Agree Shirley.
As one of the Yank women’s signs said,
“You can’t stop abortions, only safe abortions!”
America has just taken a great leap forwards into the 1950s.
But demonstrations here can’t change that.
If the demonstrators think we’re lurching to the right, like the Americans, maybe they should check out the results of last month’s election. 🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

In NZ we had a young girl (13 yrs old) she was pregnant from incest, she was given the saline drip into her uterus to start the process, early morning she asked for a bedpan, when she had finished I took the pan away knowing what was in the pan I advised the night supervisor, as I was taking the contents out of the pan it made a noise, if the circumstances were different we would of had to take action, but in this case we had to cover it and put aside. Looking at it I was so relieved, we saw horrific disfigurements and the right call was made. The young girl had no idea of what had happened but we believe the person/persons responsible were dealt with very severely by the Island community. One of our copper friends (of the night shift girls) was an Islander and their punishments in these cases is kept to themselves. Better than the usual legal action of the normal court system. Every case is different and every case is the decision only the woman can make. I have also seen the results of those old back yard jobs with the crochet hooks hope these are never used again.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The Australian shame is the claim to the right for a free abortion ..... but it is not a Medicare covered procedure, the people involved have to find the $$ to cover the costs .... If we are going to take this seriously, we need to be pressuring the authorities the make an abortion a medicare cover procedure, that way those that can least afford to have another child can access this female right to decide if she really wants to carry a baby full term and be responsible for another life to come into the world.

I know there is a religious view on this, but seriously, with the child abuse all religions seem to cover up, do they really have a right force there point of view on anyone.

With the rapid climate shifts and the whole world stability politically as well as socially, I'd be thinking seriously about inflicting that on someone after I'm dead and disposed of ..... and I wouldn't have to carry the unborn child for 9 mths either .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yrs ago women in NZ would come to Aust to get terminations.