Unfathomable ads

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Unfathomable ads

Post by Greynomad »

Peter,
On our last trip to the Island State (2010) we visited their factory (again).
Things have changed.
Not only do they now use ‘chocolate compound’ rather than pure chocolate, they have also halved the time it spends in the roller (which is necessary to reduce the dry chocolate to a powder consistency before the rest of the mixing, cooking & moulding.
We no longer buy Cadburys. Didn’t take up their offer to discount purchases at the factory.
Stopped even before the trip, as we’d noticed the change. The last tour was to find out what they were doing differently.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:26 pm Peter,
On our last trip to the Island State (2010) we visited their factory (again).
Things have changed.
Not only do they now use ‘chocolate compound’ rather than pure chocolate, they have also halved the time it spends in the roller (which is necessary to reduce the dry chocolate to a powder consistency before the rest of the mixing, cooking & moulding.
We no longer buy Cadburys. Didn’t take up their offer to discount purchases at the factory.
Stopped even before the trip, as we’d noticed the change. The last tour was to find out what they were doing differently.
Clearly some time back Ray, they stopped doing tours back in 2008. I worked in a bus yard back in 1980 that was about 1 km away from the factory and never actually did the tour, when the wind blew in the wrong direction, the smell was enough of a turn off for me .... not the smell of fresh chocolate ..... it smelt worse than when I worked close to Homebush abattoirs when they rendered down the scraps to make lard ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yes T1,
It was pre-motorhome days, which means pre-1996.
Can’t remember the actual year, but Son-&-Heir was in Primary School… he’s now 43.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Daughter was born there in '80, I think we left Tassie in '81. I remember looking across the water from the bus yard and thinking it just looked like another factory with smoke and steam billowing out of it, certainly nothing inviting about it.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Romany Rambler

Post by Romany Rambler »

This company blotted its copy book with NZ when it closed all its factories but before that changed the base product by using palm oil. There was a large hue and cry over here and sales slumped.
We now have a well known local manufacturer who makes real chocolate not the poor substitute the other mob make.
Just goes to show big corporate conglomerates don't always k ow how to keep the customer satisfied. (There's a song there somewhere)

Cheers
Robin
2019 Leisureline 7.23 Platinum Caravan, 2015 Jeep GC Ltd,3.0l Diesel, 8speed
Travel Blog: www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com