Unfathomable ads

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Unfathomable ads

Post by Greynomad »

I have just now finally worked out a chocolate ad on telly!
Bloke fills up at a service station and asks for a block of you-know-who’s chocolate.
Pays & walks away leaving the chocolate behind.
Girl taps on glass, “You forgot this.” Bloke turns, smiles & walks to car.
Girl then hits the PA switch and says something.
For the past month I have been listening carefully, trying to work out what she says. SWMBO was equally mystified.
Tonight I finally worked out that what she says is, “Thankyou, Dad.”
:roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Re: Unfathomable ads

Post by RobertNotBob »

Spoiler Alert
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Glad it wasn't just me that needed to see that ad to work out what the girl said. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We both knew what she says from the first time she said love you Dad.
Bernie and Carol.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

The ad people got your attention, they have done their job. It took me a while to understand what was being said. :oops: :lol: :lol:
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Yeah,

He's her chocolate daddy. Sweet, isn't it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Ray, it took us to the second time of listening to work it out. Maybe check your earing aid mate :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
I am still trying to understand what the operator said; but then again, I am a bit slow at picking things up nowdays.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

These latest lot of hearing aids blue-toothed to the TV make sorting a lot of the mystery bits easier to follow .... I no longer ask Margaret what was said, now she asks me :lol:

Movies with crap sound mixing still annoy the crap out of me, the lead actors get into a whispering dialog that only those on the set can follow and that's only because they are reading the script, then the background music added later drowns out any bits that might have been determinable on reflection considering what had already happened and what follows in the next scenes.

Listening to live reporting and sports live reporting gives me a laugh sometimes that leaves Margaret mystified at just where the joke was, a wrong word that threw the whole lot said into something completely different and the off mic laugh from someone in the crew who caught it as well :lol:

I find the newer flat screen TVs with the speaker facing backwards near impossible to listen to without the Blue-tooth feeding directly into my hearing aids

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Peter

Post by Peter »

Years back this product used to advertise a glass and a half of rich dairy milk. Now the glass and a half of rich dairy milk and is replaced with an equivalent of a glass and a half.. My concern is what is the equivalent. Is it horse s..t, cow sh. t or just bull shit. Over the years the flavour and consistence of this product has certainly changed.