What did I do this time?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: What did I do this time?

Post by BruceS »

I think it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference to possible liability as some think it more safe to say whatever they think because it is 'locked down'. We all know that any locked forum is quite accessable by various means. (friends giving access etc)
Do you really think Dianna or the present Chairman don't look at that other forum?
If those couple come over maybe create a special section under "low Voltage" called Lithium or something & make a sticky that the forum is FOR it & not AGAINST it...........
haha....... maybe create another for those AGAINST & let then stew over in it? lol
BruceS
Mannum, SA

dapope

Post by dapope »

edit posts that make personal reference that could be found offensive or personally name.....
Chris R posted a document from kimberly campers that supposedly answersa all the lthium charging stuff (read pitch for their own bms).
HOWEVER, it will throw it all wide open again
Will try to attach, size may be an issue...whoops extension pdf not allowed
Will see if i can find your email address Terry
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

dapope wrote:edit posts that make personal reference that could be found offensive or personally name.....
Chris R posted a document from kimberly campers that supposedly answersa all the lthium charging stuff (read pitch for their own bms).
HOWEVER, it will throw it all wide open again
Will try to attach, size may be an issue...whoops extension pdf not allowed
Will see if i can find your email address Terry
Cheese and rice, was just gunna do that my self, even looked at PMing Terry to see if could attach PDF. Beaten again. :geek:

On reading the advertising blurb is did have some information that would be good to have confirmed by a more knowledgable person (T1?).

I will need to replace my sole house battery SLA in the future and replace it with a lifep04 perhaps provided the charging system is suitable.

As I said before I have two solar panels (BP Solar) of unknown output, the SETEC house system and what ever comes from the alternator when travelling.

The aforesaid PDF from KC indicated above 14v ok for charging lifep04!! On a sunny day a cheap 12v socket volt meter shows above 14v.

Sorry is all this has been said before but I didn't start this. :lol:
Last edited by RussellB[SA] on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
dapope

Post by dapope »

i read them as lifep04, but wouldnt be the first time I had been wrong...:D Interesting they wouldnt do warranty on the battery!
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

You have to wonder don't you, here is an admin that knows absolutely zero about the subject posting answers from a comercial source and passing that off as fact yet anyone who could dispute it is conviently banned by the same admin team. I'll probably last about 30 secs when I get reinstated over there :lol:
Seems every BMS seller is willing to stake their whole reputation on B/S just to flog off their product, even the once well respected Victron are in on the nonsense act http://www.victronenergy.com/upload/doc ... -%20EN.pdf The 2 underlined bits in their PDF about "destroyed immediately" is complete and utter nonsense as the many of the members of the private forum can testify, so using completely false information to justify the need for "their" BMS destroys their credibilty in my books.
Naturally the average punter knows no better so are either sucked into paying way too much money or are sent running for the hills in fear of using this fragile new technology.

T1 Terry
EDIT: I removed the refference to the Lithium Guru being the battry supplier as apparently they are now sourcing them else where in their own plastic box.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

May I please make a request that we refrain from using the word "Expert" in regard to anyone on here. That word is bandied about too much and causes problems. As much as I respect and admire my buddy Terry , 8-) I doubt if he would be comfortable with the title of the "expert" and it also supplies amo to the "not so nice" people that may visit here.. How about we use "more knowledgeable" ? just a thought :idea:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

well, those who bother to find out all the info will be pleasantly surprised, and I daresay those who are sucked in will be the only ones out of pocket!!
Wobblybox on wheels
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Thanks for the PDF Martin,
Quite a mixed bag in their presentation, some of the info must relate to the cells they are using as it's not the case with the cells we use, no discharge or charge limitation and you can use them for start batteries if you want, Brian (Homeless) is using them that way his bus at the moment. The highest charge rate I'm had in my cells so far is 265 amps, the 2 sets of welding cable jumper leads were smoking within 30 mins but the battery remained at 13.2v so the cables were still the limiting point. No idea what the highest we have pulled out, Brian had his air cond and hot water and induction cook top on all at once and the inverter screamed uncle, the batteries were fine, the guys 5.5KVA demo inverter generator didn't fair so well, think we might have killed it :oops:

Anyway, we will leave them to their forum and we'll play on ours ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

I had a good google, theres lots of misinformation out there, but real pearls too. lot of boats seem to be making the switch!!
Wobblybox on wheels
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Dot wrote:May I please make a request that we refrain from using the word "Expert" in regard to anyone on here. That word is bandied about too much and causes problems. As much as I respect and admire my buddy Terry , 8-) I doubt if he would be comfortable with the title of the "expert" and it also supplies amo to the "not so nice" people that may visit here.. How about we use "more knowledgeable" ? just a thought :idea:
Good post Dot....
Well back from fishing and heaps to catch up on ..........
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.