Parental Responsibility??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Re: Parental Responsibility??

Post by Shirley »

Many nationalities with generations living here in Australia & nationalised Aussie, still think like that Deborah, the house next door to us was sold to a Maltese family from Parramatta when my boys were 15 & 17, they bought it as a holiday house, there daughter was 15, over the next 12 months she would often talk to my eldest son over the fence, he offered to take her & the younger brother sailing which he did at Canton beach, they both loved going out on the catamaran, the father came & watched, it was only allowed the once & if she spoke to Aaryn over the fence she would be called, a few years later she married a son of her father's mate also Maltese & about 15 years older than her, she had one baby & the marriage didn't last, she ended up back living with Mum & Dad after being abused by him, sad true story, so many arranged marriages with many immigrant folk.

Travel safely on the wet roads, enjoy your adventure & hope you have many customers & sell plenty of your jewellery. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:38 pm :o
We still have Aussies in Australia?!?!?
:shock:
:? WHAT is this world coming to?!?!?
:roll: 8-)
The realisation we will all be the property of the Chinese if we aren't real careful? :twisted:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Back in my mechanic days, many customers would identify themselves as .... what ever nationality their heritage was. They spoke with a definite "English is my second language" mauling of words and phrases, but when asked how old they were when they came to Australia, they'd laugh and say they were born here ...... When I confronted them with the fact they were actually Australian and would need a passport and papers to visit the "old country" they would be in denial about the whole idea .... in some cases it was their grandparents that migrated to Australian. What I did notice was the kids of these second generation Aussies who said they were from ... where ever ..... identified as Aussie and could barely speak a word of the family language. listening to them talk to a family member on the phone was a great laugh, one word in three would be in the family native language, the rest in English or even the Aussie vernacular ..... then they would have to explain what that meant. When I'd rib them about it, the answer was generally, "bloody wogs, they were born here but can't understand the language, I can see why Aussies get so frustrated with them" ........ so there is hope .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO