OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
supersparky

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by supersparky »

On our latest trip we noticed that a few servos don't sell LPG or unleaded 91 anymore. Perhaps they are preparing for elec recharge stations. Even saw one in a rest area somewhere along the Pacific Hwy, but can't remember where.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

They are appearing in places you wouldn't expect, like the free camp at Jugiong. The big transport hub servo at the turn off from the Hume Hwy to Rutherglen has quite a big recharging area set up and solar panels as well, the OTR down the road has built an island outside but backing onto where the shop pay counter is with a number of cables and conduit sticking out around the half circle ... speculation as to whether it is an EV charging point or a sit down and relax area for customers is raging at the moment .... maybe both, an area for those waiting for their vehicle to recharge while they have a coffee and a bite to eat ...... OTR aren't known for spending $$ without the intention of making even more $$ ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Seems the change from fossil fuelled vehicles to electric vehicles is increasing faster than expected, especially people using them for the holiday trip and not just around town https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -australia

The 90 mins before some got back on the road seems a bit exaggerated, we have been stuck in a long line of cars waiting to refuel a number of yrs back when we were travelling in the Kombi. From the first position still out on the freeway verge, snaking along the road till we reached the fuel pumps, filling up and then waiting for Margaret to get to the cashier to actually pay for the fuel and return to the car, took over an hr, so holiday queues to refuel aren't something new, just new for electric vehicles ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I've got a business idea.
This is a ripper.

A Tesla Tow Rope.

Well, actually, it's a small extension cord that you plug into two Teslas.
So.... drive/tow/charge your mates car behind you.

And.... this is the best part. When your battery goes flat, just swap positions. He can charge you while you're driving.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

😂😂😁🤗
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:50 pm I've got a business idea.
This is a ripper.

A Tesla Tow Rope.

Well, actually, it's a small extension cord that you plug into two Teslas.
So.... drive/tow/charge your mates car behind you.

And.... this is the best part. When your battery goes flat, just swap positions. He can charge you while you're driving.
Far too much time on your hands Jon, you are starting to loose your grip on reality :lol:

No extension cord required, the first Tesla just tows the second one so he can recharge using regen, then they swap over at the next meal break :shock: I'm starting to get as silly as you Jon :roll: They only need to tow it to the top of the hill, it will recharge the battery via regen braking down the other side ......

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

I reckon Nigel had a part in that idea.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I was reading a report on the news feed this morning that the US state of Wyoming is in the process of banning electric cars. They claim that they are protecting the interests of the US gas and fuel industry. Go figure.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Scroll down to the 3rd photo. What doesn't make sense?
Busman

Post by Busman »

Any fool can see Musk has overstepped himself, watch for next worlds richest man downfall
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !