OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
supersparky

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:21 pm Why worry about it none of us will be here let alone have any sort of license :lol: :lol:
You've got a point Dot. But you never know, some of the younger members could be still out and about. :D

Jon, some of us are already nuts. :roll: :roll: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
nut17

Post by nut17 »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:34 pm The diesel price here in Mannum would equal 14ltr/100km to match the $40 per 100kms.
You might have to change the house battery to 48v configuration and add a drive assist to make it a hybrid as well :lol:
Can you recharge the Outlander from the 240vac supply out of the motorhome? We were doing that with the Hino when I had the extended range battery in the Prius, I might do the same with the new LTO set up when I get it running until I get the solar up on the workshop roof .... it's a long way to fall from up there .... and I haven't even stepped on the roof here yet :lol:

T1 Terry
The reality is that I need to supply about 2300 watts for 8 hours to fill the battery. To attempt any sort of charge regime from the Winnebago would be akin to filling a 100 lt tank with an enlarged prostate affected urine stream. I did attempt a quick test but my charger informed me that my supply was not earthed and did not work. We will seldom have the Mitzi away from home with the motorhome so even if it worked it would rarely be used.
The Winnebago has averaged 13.2 lt / 100km over 21,000 km I have a good discount on my diesel and currently paying about $2.35 / lt Definitely will not be covering as much ground when we head back to the South island in February for four months.

Cheers Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A Vegan EV owner ..... just the sort you'd want to invite to a dinner or party ..... around the time you want everyone to realise they should have been some where else an hr ago :lol:
It would cause major confusion for the Vegan if they owned a Tesla .... which do I tell them first ...... imagine if they were also a Country Party member .... they couldn't tell any of the other members .... :P

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

A vegan, reformed smoker who owns an EV and hasn't been vaccinated.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:25 am A vegan, reformed smoker who owns an EV and hasn't been vaccinated.
... and believes it's all a conspiracy to implant brain control chips into population .... and Donald Trump really won the election and ...... somewhere in there I would have abandoned the vehicle and just escaped on foot :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

An interesting answer to a question that comes up every so often. Bryce is a fellow member of the AEVA, teaches and writes quite a few articles regarding electric vehicles and the infrastructure changes required.

https://thedriven.io/2022/10/31/this-as ... p-charger/

T1 Terry
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

I'm parked at a friends workplace [Van repairer] the other half of the building has been leased to an electric vehicle mob.
They have three vehicles in for repair, all made in Canada. The mechanic/electrician had to drill a hole in the floor of one, the floor was one inch thick. They are used entirley in mines and work down there, life time about twenty years.
Massive tyre etc but two are four seaters and one about six to eight. The reverse alarm on the smallest one sounded like a high pitched fog horn would have been heard a block away. Interesting to look at.

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:10 pm An interesting answer to a question that comes up every so often. Bryce is a fellow member of the AEVA, teaches and writes quite a few articles regarding electric vehicles and the infrastructure changes required.

T1 Terry
T1,
What use is this if your council won’t let you dig up their footpath?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

And I don't think they should Ray. I almost tripped over an EV power lead which crossed a footpath.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:47 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:10 pm An interesting answer to a question that comes up every so often. Bryce is a fellow member of the AEVA, teaches and writes quite a few articles regarding electric vehicles and the infrastructure changes required.

T1 Terry
T1,
What use is this if your council won’t let you dig up their footpath?
They tunnel bore under the front garden and footpath, the same way they do to put new drainage pipes to the gutter and telephone lines etc.
The problem will be councils refusing to let people park out the front of their house due to poor traffic planning on their part.

Councils will buckle under enough pressure, now a precedent has been set the others will fall into line ...... no govt at an level wants to be seen as anti-green ......

As for George's post, that is why they need to approve pop up power points for EV charging, so the power lead is not across the footpath ...... if someone is sued and that person has been denied access to install a popup power point, the who matter will be handed over to the council to suffer the consequences ..... a precedent of that would have the council subsidising these things being installed, or power pole/box charging points .....

T1 Terry