OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
jon_d

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by jon_d »

silly idea.

Has anyone seen a private petrol pump on their foot path? Just show how behind the times these EV cars are.....
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:10 pm They tunnel bore under the front garden and footpath, the same way they do to put new drainage pipes to the gutter and telephone lines etc.
T1 Terry
Not according to the photos of the pop-up charging station in the article you posted!
The freshly laid bitumen is clearly visible, much darker than the undug path.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Wasn't that because the tunnel collapsed?
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Wouldn't it be great to have that across the footpath in front of every house. Especially if they can't cut the footpath in a straight line.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:08 pm Wouldn't it be great to have that across the footpath in front of every house. Especially if they can't cut the footpath in a straight line.

George
We have the means and ways of cutting straight lines in Victoria, unlike other states where the lines and pollies are crooked(bent) :D
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Peter, surely you can't pretend that all the pollies in Vic are as pure as driven snow :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

supersparky wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:46 pm Peter, surely you can't pretend that all the pollies in Vic are as pure as driven snow :lol:
I can pretend they are pure as driven snow, but I can also pretend they are liken to yellow snow, that is more to the truth :lol: :lol:
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

2foot6 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:25 pm
supersparky wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:46 pm Peter, surely you can't pretend that all the pollies in Vic are as pure as driven snow :lol:
I can pretend they are pure as driven snow, but I can also pretend they are liken to yellow snow, that is more to the truth :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

If a teal pollie eats yellow snow, does that make them green?
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:16 pm silly idea.

Has anyone seen a private petrol pump on their foot path? Just show how behind the times these EV cars are.....
The gubment stamped that out with rules about how much flammable liquid could be stored in a residence in a heavily populated area. no tank, no fuel pump on the foot path, although you can still see them on the footpath in country towns ;) :lol:

As a one off I guess they went with the digging a trench method, but once they gain acceptance, I can see business opportunities in installing these things with the installer organising the whole thing from council authority to electrical authority, tunnel borer, sparky and popup bollard builders, or even the councils getting in on the act and establishing EV parking meters so they can make a $$ from charging for recharging 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO