OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:32 pm Seems to fit a pretty specific set of circumstances..............
The actual tax $$ saving only fits a certain group, but the fact all lease vehicle that are electric will also get all those tax incentives, that means it would be more expensive to buy a fuelled vehicle compared to an electric vehicle.
The second kick in the pants is the end of lease is generally 4 yrs from purchase, that will put a lot of ex lease second hand electric vehicles with between 4yrs and 6 yrs warranty left of the battery .... in some cases, the whole vehicle. That will be in direct competition with fuelled vehicle causing the price for a fuelled second hand vehicle to drop severely because those that didn't go electric because of the price, will have the opportunity to go electric for a lot less money. To compete with the electric ex lease vehicle prices, the second hand fuelled vehicle will need to be at a much lower price point.
The equation, purchase price plus running costs plus servicing costs less resale value will lean toward the electric vehicle because the running costs are less and the resale value higher .....
Buying a fuelled vehicle now could turn out to be a rather expensive mistake, especially when the time comes to trade it in or sell it to upgrade to a newer model, will anyone want to buy it?

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Monday we picked up our new petrol car and I looked over the $15000 more expensive plug in hybrid and thought I made the right decision. Then I came across this easy conversion to an electric car..
image015.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

When we first went OTR we covered 500~600km/day. (We only had four months to do WA & NT.)
When we went Round the Block in three years we averaged 200~350km/day (when we decided to move on — not every day).
IF we could afford the $120,000-odd for an electric ute (we can’t), and IF the full-electric utes were available in Oz right now, the reviews T1 has posted suggest we should average 150-odd km/charge towing a caravan.
It would double the time taken to travel an equivalent route to our Round the Block trip.
That’s ignoring the severe lack of charging stations in Outback Australia. Where do we recharge while visiting the Bungle Bungle NP?
For our plans right now — touring outback SA, NSW & Qld — with WA on the longer-term plans:
A. Fully electric vehicles capable of towing a caravan long distances are not currently available IN OZ (maybe they are overseas);
B. Even if they were, we can’t afford one and the tax incentives don’t mean much to someone who pays no tax in retirement;
C. The charging infrastructure doesn’t exist where we want to go.
D. By the time these problems are resolved we’ll be too old to travel, so the argument is irrelevant.
We’ve just bought a nearly new diesel wagon to pull our nearly new caravan so we can travel NOW.
The eventual resale value of either is irrelevant to our needs. We’ll stop travelling when we are no longer physically capable of it, and if the resale value of the rig is $1.75, so be it. We will have had our money’s worth from it.
So trying to sell us on a sometime-in-the-future prospect is a waste of both our times.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It will be interesting to see how long it is before a full electric motorhome is available in Australia. But I have noticed that recharge stations are popping up in different towns now. Haven't been Outback for a while though.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

2foot6 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 pm Monday we picked up our new petrol car and I looked over the $15000 more expensive plug in hybrid and thought I made the right decision. Then I came across this easy conversion to an electric car..image015.jpeg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

2foot6 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 pm Monday we picked up our new petrol car and I looked over the $15000 more expensive plug in hybrid and thought I made the right decision. Then I came across this easy conversion to an electric car..image015.jpeg
Nothing quite like an electric Zibble. Probably more powerful than the old 1300 boxer engine too.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I'm sayin nuffin
25E14B7EBB7E4A989807DE1404F1F29E.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

2foot6 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:47 pm I'm sayin nuffin

25E14B7EBB7E4A989807DE1404F1F29E.jpg
Ha ha, no probably not. But I reckon that after a while the fire brigade will get their sh## together and figure out the simple way to extinguish battery fires. Pretty sure that it isn't with water. Kinda like when a HV transformer goes up in smoke, they don't try to put them out with water anymore either.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I have heard from experts? that sand is good for putting out lithium battery fires. Maybe the fire brigades should have portable backhoes so when there is a battery fire, just dig a deep hole, push the car into the hole and bury the car.. (simples) :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I'm fairly certain that they will come up with an optimum solution soon. You can't just be digging holes everywhere. :lol: :lol: I would expect that the electric vehicle manufacturers will have some input. Everybody knows that you shouldn't use water on an electrical fire, don't they.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine