OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
Keith Morris

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:05 pm Have been trying to find that pic of a bill of $29k for a lith battery and be blowed if I can find it??? HELP
"tanks" here---
Dot,
go to GOOD MORNING DAILY Section Page 1571, posted on Friday 26th August at 2.57pm.
All will be revealed. I will send a copy to your/Georges' G-Mail thing.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
bob r

Post by bob r »

It's been on Facebook a cuppla times this week.

Bob
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:05 pm Have been trying to find that pic of a bill of $29k for a lith battery and be blowed if I can find it??? HELP
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chevy ... y-invoice/ The battery price is for a special 1 off battery build and install into a 12 yr old Chevy Volt. There must be significant modifications required for such a high labour charge .... and keep in mind, this is only an estimate, not an actual invoice for work done

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Bow

Post by Bow »

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Bow wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:52 am https://youtu.be/-e55Vued028
Interesting, well except for the non stop advertorial and then double ads inserted as well ..... They sure hit them hard when it comes to recharging costs, that would have been under $10 in Australia. With only 43 kWh of battery, it's hardly a tow vehicle, an older model Ioniq has the same battery capacity, the Ioniq 5 has 73 kWh .... so ..... A proper electric towing ute, the Rivian, has 130 kWh, all wheel drive and a combined 835hp and 903 ft/lb of torque, now that side by side with the GMC all speced up 6.2 ltr ute would be very interesting.
The B/S about the trailer blocking the car park, not enough brain power to park at 90* .... or simply trying to come up with bad points ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Screenshot 2022-10-23 203914.jpg
I am in the search for a new car and was thinking of going hybrid or electric. I changed my mind yesterday after looking at the stats for an MG (Chinese)car, If I drive the car say 150k/s per day , I will never get the battery fully charged by my calculations unless I spend big dollars to buy and install a 6.6 kw charger. The extra cost of buying the hybrid or electric car in the first place would buy a lot of fuel, then add the cost of the better charger, so I will remain adding to the worlds problems by using fossil fuels. I'm sure somebody on the forum can give me good advice. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 2foot6 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Peter,

Seriously...... the only thing you're going to drive 150ks per day is your train set. End of argument.

and a good train set it is too.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Well , I can't argue with that comment. :lol:
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Are those recharge stations all over the country?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Not quite as well-represented as petrol stations.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields