One Nation??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

One Nation??

Post by Greynomad »

Our national anthem was recently changed (WITHOUT consultation BTW) from “We are young” to “We are one”.

Yet on tonight’s news we have (white) aborigines dancing around waving boomerangs to mark the opening of a special court for aboriginal offenders (referred to as ‘participants’ not the politically unacceptable ‘alleged offenders’… do the Police say ‘You’re under participation!’ I wonder?).

So much for “We are one”!!

When will we see separate Muslim, Christian and Atheist courts?

I don’t often agree with Pauline Hansen (I think this is the first time), but someone has to declare that the Emperor has no clothes on!

And another thing:
I don’t think I got the memo decreeing that all advertising must include a female with coffee coloured skin & frizzy black hair.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Re: One Nation??

Post by Dot »

Bloody stupidity at it's best, what nig nog in the PC department came up with this divisive crap? Why just courts? IF that goes through does that mean they have their own Judges, jails, ,cooks, c/link , schools,hospitals, power stations, banks, supermarkets etc etc YES I know I will be seen once again as racist but who cares, I didn't start the news story. and the whole thing beggars belief... TIC ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Political correctness is killing our country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Robert, I couldn't agree more. Perfect sentiment.

Today, I had an indigenous man, telling me that he gets free medical attention and then he is given $20 for attending a doctors appointment. Why?
Can I declare to be indigenous now?

Until we are all treated equally, there will always be a huge divide. Remembering that they are really only 1% or less of the population and we keep seeing governments treading on glass shards with them.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah Yes you can and it is illegal for anyone to ask for proof, the PC fools didn't think of it when they bought in the "Privacy" act.. I was told (by a prision social worker) to tick the special box asking what nationality I was, NOT one person asked for proof (apart from George) and that was on a hospital admission form :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

copy, sorry
Last edited by pet-els on Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterH
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Dot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:12 pm Bloody stupidity at it's best, what nig nog in the PC department came up with this divisive crap? Why just courts? IF that goes through does that mean they have their own Judges, jails, ,cooks, c/link , schools,hospitals, power stations, banks, supermarkets etc etc YES I know I will be seen once again as racist but who cares, I didn't start the news story. and the whole thing beggars belief... TIC ;)
Never going to happen Dot.
WHERE would they get the staff to run it all?
They would lose all their sit down money.

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

pet-els wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:40 am
Dot wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:12 pm Bloody stupidity at it's best, what nig nog in the PC department came up with this divisive crap? Why just courts? IF that goes through does that mean they have their own Judges, jails, ,cooks, c/link , schools,hospitals, power stations, banks, supermarkets etc etc YES I know I will be seen once again as racist but who cares, I didn't start the news story. and the whole thing beggars belief... TIC ;)
Never going to happen Dot.
WHERE would they get the staff to run it all?
They would lose all their sit down money.

PeterH
Peter,
They’d NEVER be able to run them anyway!
On our travels we’ve visited a number of “Aboriginal enterprises”… NONE of them were run by indigenous people.
When we visited the “Aboriginal Shop” at Ayers Rock it was staffed by two white women and an Asian backpacker.
Manager (white) at one museum of aboriginal culture said he employs backpackers in preference to the local aborigines because the locals can’t even clean the toilets or sweep the floor properly… when they bother to turn up.
At another I asked a clearly aboriginal woman at the reception desk how many in her tribe? Dunno. How far does your tribal land extend? Dunno. If I were to get permission to visit your lands, would I need separate permission to visit adjoining tribes’ lands? Dunno.
Very helpful and informative visit, eh?
Met a bloke on the road who had run a house-painting business in a large outback town at one point.
He employed a local aborigine as an offsider.
This bloke expected his boss to drive across town to pick him up for work every day, pay for his lunch, then drive him home after work!
Boss agreed to do that until his first payday at the end of the week.
When boss told him to find his own way to the depot next week, and bring his own lunch, offsider failed to show.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Macca

Post by Macca »

That was changed in the anthem ages ago. In 2009 up the Cape we walked up beside the Bloomfield river to see the falls- very rocky and uneven, dangerous even. 2012 THERE WAS A BIG "SHOP" before the walk with a $10 "walking " fee. The 4 of us just kept walking. It was not as though there was now a nice smooth concrete walking track. 1998 our daughters had a swim in Mossman Gorge when we went for a walk up to the gorge. Not it is a paid site and have to take tours from what I can gather. have to pay to see the whales swimming in the ocean at the Nullabor whale centre. UGH. I can remember many many years ago the local Kolan shire, QLD, wanted to change Gin Gin top something else as nice! There is still a local family there, aboriginals, Mum & Dad very friendly , as were all the Gin Ginites, with old Harry. No way in the world was he letting that name be changed- still Gin Gin. One of my good friends at Primary school was one of his daughters.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Our national anthem was recently changed (WITHOUT consultation BTW) from “We are young” to “We are one”.
Certainly a mistake after reading this thread .... it should have been changed to, We are white and came be sea" Not sure where we should add the lines about stealing the land and fencing it to keep those that we stole the land from because our white heritage told us it was ours for the taking .......

As a young bloke, I had a good mate who was aboriginal, I didn't understand he was a less of a person than I was because I was of white fella heritage, he was a lot smarter than me and qualified to attend the brianiacs public high school that was separate from us lower intelligence soles and us dumb ones had to be split into all boys and all girls schools ..... such was the thinking of the education dept at the time.
We remained good friends, he ended up becoming a Police prosecuter and later a probationary magistrate ..... somehow he lost the gig because he didn't come down harder on the aboriginals that came before him compared to his treatment of the privileged white class people who had committed very similar offences.

Maybe it's time to replace all the privileged class white court folk with aboriginals and see what justice feels like from the other side of the argument.
This bloke expected his boss to drive across town to pick him up for work every day, pay for his lunch, then drive him home after work!
Yeah, had a few of those, but they were white fellas. Even bought one a car so he could drive himself to and from work and I'd deduct payments from his weekly pay packet ...... never turned up the next day or the day after .... had to chase him for the car or the money ...... didn't have any money so it was a case of taking the car back and either driving out there to pick him up and then drive him home after
work or find another employee.
I bet there are a lot of business people out there at the moment that would be happy to arrange transport to and from work and buy lunch, just to get them to come and work for them ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO