One Nation??

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: One Nation??

Post by Dot »

If I called an Aboriginal an abo, italian = a wog, Indian =curry munchers etc all hell breaks loose,. Many countries incl England have had other countries try to take them over as theirs, but with Australia it was not known there were people here so invasion is utter BS. Terry if you know your friends name there is a list of indig judges, lawyers etc in wiki thing. Every time the word Aboriginal or Indig word is mentioned in a perceived derogatory remark then everyone jumps down your throat even though the remark was not meant to be offensive.
Below just a few examples JUST AN EXAMPLE, no offence intended to anyone, just facts.

A = Asians = Slopes,
A= Australians = Ozzies
A,= Aborigines = Abo's

B = British = Brits, Poms,(potato)
C = Chinese = chinks
C = Caucasians = Whities
G = Germans = Krauts
I = Indians = Curry munchers, packies
J = Japanese = Japs
N = New Zealand = Kiwi's

Just an example, so What is the difference??????
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

It seems that the ABC now stands for the Aboriginal Broadcasting Corporation.
ABC NEWS24 at 11:00 — lead item, Israeli rockets kill six Palestinians.
Second item — Aboriginal Centre in Redfern saved from closure… five minutes with commentary from guest journalist. Coupla years ago it would have rated 30 seconds.
Third item — Aboriginal music awards, with several interviews. Coupla years ago… see above.

For the past six months or so I don’t think ABC NEWS24 has broadcast a news bulletin without some mention of aboriginal culture, activities or complaints.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The last post I put up in reply, vanished, no idea how long this one will last. Could it be that the ABC realises how poorly they reported on aboriginal affairs in the past, so now they are over compensating?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:05 pm The last post I put up in reply, vanished, no idea how long this one will last. Could it be that the ABC realises how poorly they reported on aboriginal affairs in the past, so now they are over compensating?

T1 Terry
Nahh I'd say it was a softening up to acceptance program.
How many "welcome to country" performances do we tolerate before we get so P111$ed off and raise a hue and cry about Ernie Dingo's staged act?
Similar to spot the caucasian in any advertising, also how many predominately white actors in movies do you see these days?
It's all about softening up any resistance so you, the public, will accept things like guys (not MEN) kissing, things that normally would have deeply offended you and caused letters etc to the papers in the past.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck kissing.jpg
like this ?? :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

gays kissing.jpg
No, Like THIS.
I find the 3% trying to enforce their lifestyle over over the rest of the population very offensive
My Mum was heavily into Theatre, even had one of her own, so I grew up with Homosexuals of both genders around me quite a bit.
I only took offence when it started to be forced onto my reality
Acceptance is one thing. force me to accept , now that's a completely different kettle of fish !

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:06 pm Chuck kissing.jpg

like this ?? :lol: :lol:
Ahhh... memories. :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Sorry Ron, but I feel you are part of a "White Australia, blacks and imports to remain in their under class position and no pooftering in public" minority ...... It is 22 yrs into the 21st century, a lot of Australia has moved on from the '50s mindset that was mid last century and before. I don't feel it was ever right for the British Empire to invade other countries and simply enforce their rules and beliefs .... my very British father is probably sending daggers my way from the grave, but I was only 11 yrs old when he died so he didn't get to ram his attitude towards this sort of thing down my throat and I hope I grew up the better person for it .... but that is for others to judge, not me .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Noggins wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:32 pm gays kissing.jpg

No, Like THIS.
I find the 3% trying to enforce their lifestyle over over the rest of the population very offensive
My Mum was heavily into Theatre, even had one of her own, so I grew up with Homosexuals of both genders around me quite a bit.
I only took offence when it started to be forced onto my reality
Acceptance is one thing. force me to accept , now that's a completely different kettle of fish !

Ron
I find that kissing very offensive and unnatural for a start. (That is my right to feel this way )
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I’ve had a real shock.
According to the advertisers on telly, 90% of Australia’s female population has coffee-coloured skin & dark, frizzy hair. They’re selling everything from insurance to diet meals.
Drove to Melbourne yesterday for G’daughter’s birthday (great Japanese dinner & birthday cake, BTW!).
In 24 hours, including an evening at a busy city restaurant, we didn’t see a single lady who had coffee-coloured skin & frizzy hair of any colour! 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields