Licences

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Newcastle George

Re: Licences

Post by Newcastle George »

Don't you know Jon, Australian or any other law or requirement doesn't apply to Bernie.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Newcastle George

Don't you know Jon, Australian or any other law or requirement doesn't apply to Bernie.

George
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

BernieQ2 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:56 am I'm permanently on the road Jon, person of no fixed address, just need a mailing address, I don't really need to vote if I don't want but I do.
Lots of ways around gov crap.
Bernie.
Morning Keith.
G'day Bernie, sunshine at Dysart and now 17c so another great day.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:14 am Don't you know Jon, Australian or any other law or requirement doesn't apply to Bernie.

George
George, be nice to Bernie he has the virus.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Pretty sure I was just in NSW's :D Its called ...itinerant not against the law.
I have Vic friends that spend more than 3 months in Qld...Jon will met them later this year. ;)
Bernie.
Newcastle George

Keith Morris wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:21 am George, be nice to Bernie he has the virus.
Keith.
Probably because he wouldn't wear a mask. :) ;)

George
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

George,
I think Bernie was infected when he was visiting NSW. You never know what you can pick-up down there in those Southern States.
The Queensland Rugby mob went down there and came back with a Cup only recently.
Keith.

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Bernie,

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't. That's entirely upto you. My concern is not about "gov't crap" but more so, the insurance companies and the possibly to reject a hefty insurance claim.... They know your all your details... even if you think they don't.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--
Another point to consider is the interaction between Govt Departments with exchange of info.
If you pay electric, water, shire rates etc, that gives "them" a time stamp of where you are and how long you have been there.
I own houses in WA and Qld and I was driving in Qld on my FREE WA Drivers License and my WA registered motorhome. The Qld drivers license cost around $90/year, no free license for over 70's as is the case in WA.
The local "Man" had a quiet word and pointed out that I could be charged with "Driving an Unregistered Vehicle", and "Driving without a valid Drivers License", both which would attract heavy fines, and further; in event of an accident the insurance would not honour any claims.
It could be VERY EXPENSIVE either way.
I now pay the Qld Govt the $90/year to have a valid drivers license, and I sold the motorhome. The things we have to do to live in this Como run State.
Keith.

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Jon, the motorhome is registered in both our names along with my Tassie license and Carols QLD license, full comprehensive insurance with CIL . I also have RACQ top coverage...means what ever I drive even if I don't own it I'm covered The Navara is in Carols name only and full insurance "RACQ" , the Yaris also in Carols name only but only third party fire and theft also RACQ .They have it insured for $5,500...I only bought it for $1500 :D ;)
All above board.
Bernie.