Dysart

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Shirley

Re: Dysart

Post by Shirley »

East of Clermont, Keith.
Shirley & Bruce.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:24 pm East of Clermont, Keith.
Point taken Shirley. Still South of the mighty town of Dysart.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Actually don't know that area Keith, appears it happened on Fitzroy Developmental Rd., near the Dysart sign & Golden Mile Rd., intersection, probably wouldn't of known where Dysart was located if my son hadn't worked out there for a mining company.
Shirley & Bruce.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:11 pm Actually don't know that area Keith, appears it happened on Fitzroy Developmental Rd., near the Dysart sign & Golden Mile Rd., intersection, probably wouldn't of known where Dysart was located if my son hadn't worked out there for a mining company.
Shirley, Dysart is a nice quiet place to live. Did your son live in town or in one of the service camps quarters. Dysart population was around 38,000 when the mines were in full swing. Nowdays the population is just over 2,000.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Keith, Brad is an Engineer worked out of the Brisbane office then from home on the project, flew in flew out to inspect the progress, stayed in town when visiting, it was when 1st Covid lockdown occurred.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

It is a nice little town, has all the facilities one needs. There is also a CP (not used) but I think it could be a good place to have a gathering. What do we say??? No whinging about CP as it is not the usual CP.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

P8260027.JPG
P8260026.JPG
P8260025.JPG
P8260024.JPG

Pics of the not used CP at Dysart.

Anyone interested at all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We can back Keith’s words.
Every time we visit him we dump our black water at the closed CP’s dump point.
Gates are open 24/7. Can’t recall seeing any “No Camping”signs. Not sure of the legality of free camping there… would be an interesting test case. 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

,There is a sign at the entrance Ray. I think the price was extra high to discourage people. BUT with some sweet talk they may come to the party?? ;)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Musta missed it… focussed on getting to the dump point. 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields