Solar technology

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Greynomad

Solar technology

Post by Greynomad »

Given the great success with solar panels in reducing our household electricity bill, we decided to invest in more solar technology: a solar-powered clothes dryer.
87A88107-4C94-4310-AEFE-144742BCA31D.jpeg
😁😁😁
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Re: Solar technology

Post by supersparky »

Geez Ray, you must be behind the times a bit out Rutherglen way. We've had those solar powered things for ages. I remember mum using something like that when I was a kid.
And on rainy days, you could bring it inside and put it close to the briquette heater. ;) Ask any of the millennials if the have ever seen a briquette. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yes, Dave,
It was a leg-pull.
My mum had a wooden one as well.
But we didn’t have a briquette fire, just a kerosene heater.
Spotted the same model (Fyreside… even remember the brand!) in a country museum last year… makes me feel old!
Likewise some of the tools I inherited from my dad — and still use. 😳
I even have a cast-iron nail-puller my father inherited from his father-in-law! A bit worn now, and not as grippy on nail heads, but still works. No batteries! 😁
It works on the same principle as the Grampa’s Weed Puller you can now buy at the Hammer Shop (patented sometime in the 1800s). One moving part: half of the cast iron claw which grabs the weed by the roots. Fiskars have made a 20th Century version (yes, 20th — it’s that old) with four moving claws and lots of mechanical complications to clog or break down.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We have a meme up on the wall in the office, two millennial women talking in the backyard looking at a clothes line strung between two poles, caption "It dries the clothes using the very latest technology, a combination of both wind and solar power"

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

And Americans wonder why their power bills are so expensive… there are LGAs where “unsightly” outdoor clothes lines are prohibited; they MUST use an electric clothes dryer. 🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields