Power bills

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Power bills

Post by Dot »

Got our power bill for the past 3 months. $950 odd. Compared to prev 3 mths of $320. Yes the price went up, we had a new Air con modern inverter unit replace the older unit but what a hike, have had the air con but wow what an increase. From a household rating of 2 people to a 5 people usage(rating) We have gas hotplates and a heat pump hot water system and a solar rebate of $78 this quarter. How has your bills been?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Re: Power bills

Post by BernieQ2 »

$200 per quarter. Just under I rounded it...$180
Bernie.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Our August bill $183 if paid by due date. Solar rebate $85

[edit] Off Peak hot water, No gas

George
Last edited by Newcastle George on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Dot check if your bill is a reading or estimate that can be the difference, mine was just over $300 with the solar and no rebate. Induction stove gets a good use minimum gas for hot water. Cheers Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

RnB, G spoke to some one at the AGL place today and he checked all the info and said all was OK but G said there were a few things that didn't add up and will be following it up tomorrow. The new way of reading the meter started a few weeks ago (not read by people any more so not a estimated read) .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Ours between 150 and 190 a month, elecric heating, electric cooking, electric hot water (not off peak) and 2 6 Kw aircons includes power for small winery and workshop. NO solar rebate.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Our July bill $129 power and solar $60 rebate, rev - cycle air con , electric cooking.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Electric stove, 5 air conditions but only 2 in general use, electric hot water .... the whole house is electric, I just paid the electricity bill and it was $485 and I said that was crazy and I'd better get my act together get us off grid ....... but $950 with solar back to the grid ..... that is just crazy. Time for batteries and feed your solar into charging them rather than giving it away and then paying a fortune to buy it back ....
At least time to find another energy provider, that one is ripping you a new one .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Busman

Post by Busman »

Saw in Brisbane that the "Solarbatterycompany" is flogging batteries for your solar home system, would be intersting to know the size and how much they charge when they tell you that your inverter won't work ! Less than $4K for battery ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:18 pm Saw in Brisbane that the "Solarbatterycompany" is flogging batteries for your solar home system, would be intersting to know the size and how much they charge when they tell you that your inverter won't work ! Less than $4K for battery ?
After the govt rebate and you signing that the power provider has access to the stored battery power to use when ever they want it ..... so basically, you get the privilege of supplying the solar power from your roof space and taking on the maintenance of the whole system, including the battery, and you become an unwitting power supplier and get paid SFA for the power you provide, yet pay full price to buy the power back when you need to use it ...... sounds like a great deal for someone, just not the system owner .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO