Xmas lights please

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Izabarack

Xmas lights please

Post by Izabarack »

Can we have the Xmas lights on the Splash Page please? Woolies and Coles already have their Xmas lines in the supermarkets. I did get Hot Cross buns (minus the X) today and I'm contemplating getting in early on putting up the Xmas decorations now.
RobertNotBob

Re: Xmas lights please

Post by RobertNotBob »

Puting them up early is falling for the commercial trap set by the big corporations.
never before the 1st December other wise they win.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

AGREE!!
What got up my nose last year was spotting hot cross buns in Woolies… on New Years Day!! 😳🙄🤨
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

I find the row of bulbs to be more fun than most of the jokes. Great Grand kids and I have a competiton trying to get the whole row in one swipe, love it.

Xmas in July is the thing I don't get in Aust. Hot Cross buns on Boxing day is simply customer demand. The one saving grace to all the whinges about out-of-season stockings is that it is an Opt-out system. If they introduced DST (Daylight Stupid Time) as an Opt-Out system, individuals would have a choice and no bssis for whinging.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

You do realize you're only supposed to pop them while they are turned on, don't you!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Busman

Post by Busman »

PIA, I'm outta here
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

BruceS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:39 pm You do realize you're only supposed to pop them while they are turned on, don't you!!!
No, did not know that was a rule/guideline. I thought the on/off status was like a colour organ triggered by a specific piece of music and the music could be changed when we got bored with the same tune over and over. So, is the on/off routine a randomn number generator output? Or maybe readable as a code sending messages? Could we make a game out of predicting when an individual bulb will light or is it just a fixed schedule. Wow, more and more potential games now that you have brought that up Bruce. The GGkids are both really good puzzle solvers so I'll set them some tasks of analysing the sequence. Reminds me of the earliest Apple computers and using basic (lower case B) binary counting to make light bulbs flash on and off.

Turns out there is more to the Xmas light page overlay than meets the eye (yes, pun intended). I love finding Eater Eggs in Software code.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I just had a go at zapping all the lights in one go, did a Gizzy / Tander on them (for now) until g /box issue. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:10 pm I just had a go at zapping all the lights in one go, did a Gizzy / Tander on them (for now) until g /box issue. :lol:
Dot, you can change the flow direction of the snowflakes by using your mouse, but the challenge now is to shoot the largest snowflake.
Anyone can shoot the light bulbs; even I got a few of the red ones
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

BruceS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:39 pm You do realize you're only supposed to pop them while they are turned on, don't you!!!
Is there some form of lightbulb extinguishing etiquette here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life