PMs & Candles

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Keith Morris

Re: PMs & Candles

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
T-1---
My observations are that there were only two posts to this subject prior to your "I really don't want to rule with the delete button"
The first post being from Grey Nomad entered at 10.49 on Thursday night.
The second post was lodged by me at 06:53am on Friday.
This was followed by your entry of Friday 10:16am, which in short stated "I really don't want to rule with the delete button"
Considering the time gap and the fact that there were only 2previous posts that you could refer to.
IN MY OPINION you are taking me to task on what I have contributed to the Forum speak-easy.
Could you please set my mind at ease, and clarify for me if are referring to Grey Nomad's post, or my post.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Candle probably beats the lettuce, but as PM it would be another “flash in the pan”… in my opinion. 😜

But then, PM Lettuce would probably wilt under the heat of politics… also in my opinion. 🤣
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Certainly Keith. It was these two lines that triggered my response
Be better news if that Thorpe twerp in Au Senate went also, and a few others to keep her company.
I am not satisfied with how this country is being run.
Keith.

Reworded as "in my opinion it would be better news if Senator Thorpe went and a few to keep her company" would not have triggered a response, but added to the political "joke" full of misinformation you posted on another thread, it was enough to push me over the "just let it ride" point.
As far as your "satisfaction" with how this country is being run, did you ever put your hand up to do the job? If someone hasn't put themselves forward to do a job, they hardly have any grounds to complain about someone who did put themselves up for the job and did the hard slog to get the position.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:49 pm Certainly Keith. It was these two lines that triggered my response
Be better news if that Thorpe twerp in Au Senate went also, and a few others to keep her company.
I am not satisfied with how this country is being run.
Keith.

Reworded as "in my opinion it would be better news if Senator Thorpe went and a few to keep her company" would not have triggered a response, but added to the political "joke" full of misinformation you posted on another thread, it was enough to push me over the "just let it ride" point.
As far as your "satisfaction" with how this country is being run, did you ever put your hand up to do the job? If someone hasn't put themselves forward to do a job, they hardly have any grounds to complain about someone who did put themselves up for the job and did the hard slog to get the position. :roll:

T1 Terry
Hey I asked that very same question some "controversial" topics ago and got no response (IMHO)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

BENEFITS PAID to
AUSTRALIAN AGED PENSIONER v ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Weekly allowance
$253.00 / $472.50
Weekly Spouse allowance
$56.00 / $472.50
Additional weekly hardship allowance
$0.00 / $145.00
TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT
$16,068.00 / $56,680.00[/quote

Are the above figures what you refer to as the political "joke" full of misinformation you posted on another thread, it was enough to push me over the "just let it ride" point.

The figures are NOT A POLITICAL JOKE and are the amounts paid to AGED PENSIONERS v ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA.
IN MY OPINIOIN the Thorpe woman does not deserve the title SENATOR, and IN MY OPINION she does not qualify to be in the Australian Senate, or the Australian Government Legislative Assembly!

I SERVED MY COUNTRY FOR MANY YEARS IN THE MILITARY FORCES -I HAVE THE MEDALS TO SHOW THAT -
Not like having served in the Government, but enough to be allowed to state what I would think is reasonable criticism of BOTH the UK Government situation and the disgusting state of affairs we are experiencing with the present Greens/Teals/Labor lot.

Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Keith Morris wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:21 pm BENEFITS PAID to
AUSTRALIAN AGED PENSIONER v ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA
Weekly allowance
$253.00 / $472.50
Weekly Spouse allowance
$56.00 / $472.50
Additional weekly hardship allowance
$0.00 / $145.00
TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT
$16,068.00 / $56,680.00[/quote

Are the above figures what you refer to as the political "joke" full of misinformation you posted on another thread, it was enough to push me over the "just let it ride" point.

The figures are NOT A POLITICAL JOKE and are the amounts paid to AGED PENSIONERS v ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN AUSTRALIA.
IN MY OPINIOIN the Thorpe woman does not deserve the title SENATOR, and IN MY OPINION she does not qualify to be in the Australian Senate, or the Australian Government Legislative Assembly!

I SERVED MY COUNTRY FOR MANY YEARS IN THE MILITARY FORCES -I HAVE THE MEDALS TO SHOW THAT -
Not like having served in the Government, but enough to be allowed to state what I would think is reasonable criticism of BOTH the UK Government situation and the disgusting state of affairs we are experiencing with the present Greens/Teals/Labor lot.

Keith

I don't want to see this get out of hand, but can you verify that illegal immigrants get $472.50 per week, or are you just pushing someone else's B/S agenda with unsubstantiated "alternate facts"?
"and the disgusting state of affairs we are experiencing with the present Greens/Teals/Labor lot. shows clearly your political bias, no mention of the mess the previous govt made resulting in people power voting them out of office .....

I don't believe in having my say and then just locking the thread so there is no right of reply, but I do hope that this doesn't spiral into a sh*tte fight, take that sort of crap to farcebook and the like, I won't stand by and let this forum turn into a political platform while financially backing it, I'd rather shut it down than let that happen ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I joined the forerunner of this forum because a certain club’s forum moderators became too controlling, locking posts hither & yon for the mildest of stirring/comments.
I don’t want that to happen here.
This forum has been a free & easy place where we can hang sh!t on each other and enjoy the banter, as well as finding useful tips and info.
Let’s not be too precious, and keep it light.

… in my opinion. 😃
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Oh just bring back Boris, he is always good for a laugh !!! OOOPS, in my opinion of course !

But they may find he is the best talent they have
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Don’t laugh, Busman, he may be on the list of candidates… again!! :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"and the disgusting state of affairs we are experiencing with the present Greens/Teals/Labor lot. shows clearly your political bias,
Terry, how presumptuous of you to even assume that you know my political persuasion and who I support with my vote!
I know many other rational thinking levelheaded people who also voted Labor and are completely disgusted with the present / Greens / Teals / Labor/ Independent Officials that are in power.
Are you telling me you agree with the Energy solution of closing ALL of the Coal Electricity Generation, Gas power Electric generation, and not even considering Modular Nuclear Power Generation. You agree with all of the Lockdowns and Border Closures the population has been subjected to over the past several years,
ENOUGH! ENOUGH! ENOUGH of my rant, and I offer no further contribution to this challenge of minds. I bow to your unchallenged authority so as to prevent the closure of the forum by you because of my expression of my feelings and thoughts.
Keith.