PMs & Candles

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

PMs & Candles

Post by Greynomad »

Well, well.

A day or so ago someone put up a live video of a photo of British PM, Liz Truss and a burning 7-day candle, with the caption, “Which will last longer?”

The candle has.
:?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Re: PMs & Candles

Post by Keith Morris »

Gone and almost forgotten. The sun never sets on the Empire!
I wonder who will be next and how long will they last.
Be better news if that Thorpe twerp in Au Senate went also, and a few others to keep her company.
I am not satisfied with how this country is being run.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hmmmm....... I always thought the banning of political threads and chatter was over the top. I really don't want to rule with the delete button, but if this thread goes pear-shaped you can be sure that I've accepted I was wrong and the membership can not be trusted to put forward a balanced view ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--- T-1
I remain CENSORED and I will make no further comment on my observations and general feeling.
Your previous post appears to be directed to me. I don't want to be the cause of you closing the forum.
In won't even make comment about JEEPS in case I might upset somebody else by my untimely comments.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--- T-1
I remain CENSORED and I will make no further comment on my observations and general feeling.
Your previous post appears to be directed to me. I don't want to be the cause of you closing the forum.
In won't even make comment about JEEPS in case I might upset somebody else by my untimely comments.
Keith.

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

maybe include posts about refugees and the non factual information too.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Getting back to the OP,
One of the less “Times of London” style Brit newspapers had a variation on the theme using a fresh lettuce.
Poms have gone onto the ‘Birdie’ site to vote the lettuce in as PM!🤣🤣🤣

ps. T1,
I’m not criticising the lady.
Just reporting what’s happening in the UK.
Would you react similarly if I were reporting (without comment) on what Albo said about the floods?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

It is best to add before making a personal observation based on their political bias .... "In my opinion .... rather than making a political statement, even if it's wrapped in a joke .....

On the whole Liz Truss issue, "in my opinion" ( ;) ) the question needs to be asked regarding those that decided she was the best choice for the job, they already knew what she was planning to do didn't they?

She certainly is better looking than the last one in the job 8-)

As far as I'm concerned, what happens over there in the political arena is the problem for those that live over there, however, the war on everything Putin seems to be attempting is a whole world problem best cut off early before it becomes a world wide problem that the way the last world war started .... but again, that's just my opinion, take it or leave it

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

My personal opinion is "the candle" always wins. ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:37 pm My personal opinion is "the candle" always wins. ;) ;)
You never mentioned the other contestants Dottie ;) :lol:

T1 Terry