Poltergeists…

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Poltergeists…

Post by Greynomad »

SOMETHING is messing with me…
One of our fan/lights Failed To Proceed last week.
Called our electrician (who installed it).
He fiddled with it a bit, then said “Probably failed LED panel. It’s less than 2yo, and these have a 5yr warranty. Call the manufacturer.”
Did that, and after providing receipt & photos of the non-working light (which looked the same turned on as when turned off🙄), they mailed me a replacement LED panel, saying it’s a screw-in diffuser — simple job.
I couldn’t unscrew it last night, so left it to try again today.
Turned light off & went to bed. At 0230 I was woken by a bright light.
The ‘failed’ LED has decided to work again and switch was ON. 🤔
Maybe the panel was frightened of the garbage bin… 🫢😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Poltergeists…

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:53 am SOMETHING is messing with me…
One of our fan/lights Failed To Proceed last week.
Called our electrician (who installed it).
He fiddled with it a bit, then said “Probably failed LED panel. It’s less than 2yo, and these have a 5yr warranty. Call the manufacturer.”
Did that, and after providing receipt & photos of the non-working light (which looked the same turned on as when turned off🙄), they mailed me a replacement LED panel, saying it’s a screw-in diffuser — simple job.
I couldn’t unscrew it last night, so left it to try again today.
Turned light off & went to bed. At 0230 I was woken by a bright light.
The ‘failed’ LED has decided to work again and switch was ON. 🤔
Maybe the panel was frightened of the garbage bin… 🫢😁
Give it day or two, it will stop working again or determine when it wants to be on or off. The problem is the controller box mounted under the bracket that holds the fan assembly to the ceiling. I'm happy the DC fan still works and is still so quite I just didn't worry about it, enough other lights in that room. The bedroom fan didn't have the light so I modified the light from the old AC noisy as fan and fitted under the DC nice and quiet fan with it's own switch above the bed and the second by the door ..... works a treat ... well, until the cat walks across the bedhead and turns the fan on as he tromps across .... thought about relocating the remote to the wall beside the switch ... but that's as far as it got, turned the fan off. rolled over and went back to sleep :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO