River level at Loxton

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: River level at Loxton

Post by supersparky »

T1, How long do you reckon you can keep that up before you start camping at the workshop? Especially if you contemplate climbing up and down the slope at the back of the house, in the dark.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:07 pm … maybe you could jack up the house a metre or two? 🤔
House itself isn't a problem, I'm guess it's another 2 mtrs from the road level to the house level, if we have another 4 mtrs of river rise above what it is now, I doubt we would still be staying at the house anyway, but the floor is another mtr or so higher than that point and the back patio and back door would still be above flood level ...... we would still be able to get in and out from the house
Long Gully Road flooded.jpg
This is now part of the river and as far to the left as can be seen here is now all water
Looking across the river in front of our house.jpg
This is an old image (2014 I think) but that is looking out over where the jetty is now and about 1/2 mtr or so under the water. That big tree is now in the water.
House looking up the driveway.jpg
This is looking up the driveway towards the house. The image is very deceiving, the tv mast antenna is beside the garden shed at about the level of the back patio, the powerline pole that looks to be beside it or even in front ot it is actually another full building block behind the house. It is roughly the same elevation as the flat area you can see just above the roof line, that will be the new car parking spot

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

From the ABC’s online news:
63237DEB-8E9E-4B89-87C6-FF6F52BDE467.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Terry, does that mean you will move into the upper floor level in the shed or the rustic bus.?

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

Our friend at Walker Flat has left the building, his place is right on the riverbank. Terry is the dinner now set for the workshop. Might be safer.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:07 pm Terry, does that mean you will move into the upper floor level in the shed or the rustic bus.?

PeterH
Move to the upper floor? Well that's another storey ...... boom tish :lol:
Probably the Hino Peter, as the shed heats and cools it clunks and bangs way too much to live in here, and it gets way too hot upstairs in summer anyway.
Maybe we might get a bit of work done on Rustic Inn Perfection while we are up here and move into it .... who knows :D

I want a week with no other jobs to do so I can get this battery into the Prius project done. Every day we aren't working here I'm working on the escape route from the house so we don't get trapped there if we get a sudden river rise over night.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:18 pm Our friend at Walker Flat has left the building, his place is right on the riverbank. Terry is the dinner now set for the workshop. Might be safer.
Ummm....... probably make that call closer to the day, if one of the roads is still open to get to the Sedan road it's not to bad a drive to get to the house ..... but if it's the track over the top then ........

T1 Terry
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Maybe we might get a bit of work done on Rustic Inn Perfection while we are up here and move into it .... who knows :D
Quick, drive it down to the river, tow it down to the river and make say that it was destroyed in the floods. :roll: :roll:
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:38 pm
Quick, drive it down to the river, tow it down to the river and make say that it was destroyed in the floods. :roll: :roll:
As Kamahl would say "Why are people so unkind" :lol:

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

jon_d wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:38 pm
OMG I peed myself. :oops: The voo doo Nigel made him say that :lol: :lol: Good idea though.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.