Redarc info

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Redarc info

Post by Dot »

REDARC, a name synonymous with RV electrics, has entered the Lithium battery market with its own range to create the perfect auxiliary battery set up for your 4WDs, RVs, campers, caravans, or boats.
According to REDARC, when it comes to auxiliary batteries, their range of Lithium batteries are fast charging, have a long lifespan, are lightweight and maintenance-free. They also include an internal BMS (battery management system) which enables the batteries to be connected in parallel to increase capacity for more storage.

Lithium batteries are fast to charge and are up to 50% lighter than the AGM/Lead Acid equivalent. With a saving of 15 – 20kg per battery, you can effectively cut down some serious weight leaving more room for accessories, adventure gear and luggage.

It is no secret that lithium batteries do come at a premium. However, with their extended number of charge cycles, sometimes up to 8 times that of an AGM/Lead Acid equivalent, lithium batteries can often be cheaper in the long run. This long lifespan combined with a low self-discharge rate and zero maintenance makes REDARC’s lithium battery range the perfect set and forget solution.

The other advantage of lithium is that you do not need to work out your available usable energy as you do with AGM/Lead Acid. The label on the battery declares the amount you can use which makes it simple.

Redarc’s Managing Director, Anthony Kittel said, “Our batteries have been highly anticipated and well-received to the delight of our customers as they complement our whole off-grid power solutions.”

Pairing batteries with the Manager30 Battery Management System and the RedVision Total Management System gives customers access to real-time battery information and system control, with the added benefit of connecting to the RedVision app to monitor and control systems via a phone or tablet.

With a decade of extensive real-world testing followed by independent validation, REDARC has applied their expertise to ensure their lithium batteries are suitable for Australian conditions.

INTRODUCING THE RANGE
Screen Shot 2021 02 09 At 10.39.24 Am

200Ah (LABT12200)
For maximum energy storage and for applications requiring a high current the 200Ah variant has a recommended continuous discharge rate of 100A and can also be used with a 1000W inverter (per battery).

100Ah Heavy Duty (LBAT12100-HD)
Ideal for applications requiring a high current, the 100Ah Heavy Duty variant has a recommended continuous discharge rate of 100A and can be used with an inverter up to 1000W in size (per battery).

100Ah Standard Low Draw (LBAT12100)
Great for applications when a powerful current is not required over an extended period, the 100Ah standard variant has a recommended continuous discharge of 50A and be used with an inverter up to 500W in size (per battery).

60Ah Slimline (LBAT12060)
The 60Ah variant is offered in a slimline design, suitable for installation where space is limited, for example, it could fit behind the rear seat of a dual cab ute or under the passenger seat. With a recommended continuous discharge of 85A, it provides a powerful energy solution for its capacity and can be used with an inverter up to 850W in size (per battery).

FEATURES
Available in 60Ah, 100Ah Standard, 100Ah Heavy Duty and 200Ah variants.
Built-in Battery Management System (BMS) protects the battery pack from overcharge, over
discharge and short circuit.
Can be configured in parallel connection for increased energy storage.
The range is backed by a three-year warranty and customer technical support.

Visit redarc.com.au/batteries for details or to complete your whole battery management set up today with REDARC’s battery charging, control and monitoring kits.

Related: Are lithium batteries worth the money?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Redarc info

Post by BruceS »

How much did you get paid for that post Dot?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I guess our prices don't look that bad now :lol: $1500 for a drop in that can power a 500w inverter at best, and you have to do all the installation ...... They will give you guidance if you buy all Redarc products to build the system ......
On one of the sites there was a claim they had carried out extensive research and testing for the last 10 yrs .... yet 3 yrs ago they didn't understand their products weren't suited to charging lithium batteries because they overheated and dialled back their output to a trickle ......
Never mind, there will always be those who are willing to spend huge $$ based on an advertising campaign, we have never needed to advertise, but we do offer a free to use website explaining all the things we have learnt over the last 11yrs plus .... and that 11 yrs can be tracked back to the first posts about the subject on the caravanner forum .... now that puts a date stamp on when our testing really started eh ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I thought it was a bit odd to have a 100 A/hr battery that you could only discharge at 50 A/hr. Someone will buy the product though, just because of the name. I wonder if the original GOB is their technical advisor?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:45 am I thought it was a bit odd to have a 100 A/hr battery that you could only discharge at 50 A/hr. Someone will buy the product though, just because of the name. I wonder if the original GOB is their technical advisor?
You missed adding "still" in there :lol: I'll never forget the response to me criticising his charging voltages for lithium batteries that were in the flyer on the Redarc site.... "I looked it up on the web and that is the numbers all the other charger manufacturers use, why would you be right and all of them get it wrong" there was no reply to the return post "I actually did the hands on testing to get my figures ....." :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It kinda funny how a bloke can establish himself as an expert, when he clearly is just a plagiarist (spl?)
We could turn this into a GOB bashing thread, with the narrow minded view of the potential of lithium in its infancy, but it wouldn't be in the spirit of the forum, would it?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:14 pm It kinda funny how a bloke can establish himself as an expert, when he clearly is just a plagiarist (spl?)
We could turn this into a GOB bashing thread, with the narrow minded view of the potential of lithium in its infancy, but it wouldn't be in the spirit of the forum, would it?
Too many different topics to bash I reckon, it would take away from the EV bashing that is at least a current event .... (bad pun, bad pun, whatcha gunna do, whatcha gunna do when the puns on you) :lol:
Is the GOB still a thing even, without a platform to stand over everyone who wasn't a GOB member, I doubt it lasted very long after the CMCA forum spin offs slowly faded away ...

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

thought you may find that interesting considering I have no clue of what it all meant ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

I just had to replace my Pro Go. brake controller $360.00 [today]

PeterH
PeterH