Tanks notice

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Tanks notice

Post by T1 Terry »

Is the oxygen for lung problems, or being short of breath after all the pretty nurses coming in and fussing around you? Could be both I guess. Anyway Keith, hoping your health issues get sorted but you can fake it for a few days to enjoy all the fuss and attention from the nurses ;) 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Tanks thought he was being discharged this arvo but the hosp got busy so he may get home tomorrow. Told him to make use of the free o2 :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Tanks, best wishes to you for getting well and back home.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Dr changed his mind, Tanks still in and now awaits times for scans in Emerald so now he has an excuse for a subway or two. His house cleaner's husb will drive him there in the mighty MG & te also said he did a BIG JOB :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Are you sure? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't understand this place any more.

Terry and Bernie reckon Bunnings is wholesale.
Ray reckons he getting info from Nigel.
now, Dot's suggesting Tanks ... oh never mind. :roll:

but then, some traditional derogatory positions settle in and all is normal again.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Jon,
Dunno about the others, but I reckon Nigel is a pretty smart fella.
Not only does he know roughly what tomorrow’s temperature will be, he can also write backwards very quickly on the inside of my phone screen as I tell him what letters & words I want to put into this forum!
😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

He doesn't really know much about art though. But he thinks he does. I reckon he's a bit of a scammer myself. His only saving grace is that occasionally he manages to get the weather forecast somewhat correct. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dunno about the others, but I reckon Nigel is a pretty smart fella.
Absolutely Ray, He is very smart. Understands people and how they tick. He started off in the arts and collectables. Now just does valuations for friends and associates to help them determine if they might be valuable and worthwhile going to auction or to a private collection.

I originally met him in the lounge at SFO when traveling for work. This was in the days when the internet was starting. You'd drive down 101 in California and every advert on the radio was saying click on me. Anyway, he was starting an internet art business and asked me a few things about how to take advantage of it. We spend some time together talking about how he may make it work. One thing he always said was how oddities and collectables were always more valuable outside their home country. So, he used this as his lever into making money. People want to sell for lots. And buyers are willing to pay for uniqueness. He would just help set it all up and arrange the deal.

Once he was fishing on his big motor yacht off Monterey Bay and made the biggest deal of his life. Russian and German I think.

His business slowly morphed into a people/art network where he would connect sellers to O/S collectors. Because he deals with international wealthy clients, he doesn't have a website per se and deals though relationships.

We stay in touch and he's always asking me to send him images of curios and things. After the initial emails, I just step aside and let them progress. Then he brokers the payment etc. Smart fellow as you say.

He knows I'm interested in the weather, so one of his contacts who he's helped with Japanese artwork, works across international weather organizations. He likes to send me advance weather alerts. He's always hassling me for small items. Quirky, colonial stuff is very popular now.

This is something I sent though, a 100 year old Cigarette case. Nigel mentioned between $25000 and $40000 US. Not bad. He'll take 30% All because of the providence. Otherwise a lot less. Cigarette stuff is getting harder and harder to find. And with so much history. I think this is going to a US buyer.
ciggy.jpg

Anyway, I think your Nigel might be different from mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jon_d on Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Has anyone here seen the new Guy Ritchie film
'Operation Fortune'.The plot kinda reads like Nigel's resume.
Does he do film scripts too, Jon?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I can ask; who knows what's in the rolodex. Do you have something? Always happy to pass things on. I just send a photo and see what happens. yeah/na - sort of stuff.