Tanks notice

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Tanks notice

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:17 pm T1,
Every person is a different story.
When I fell & broke several ribs & my collarbone (complete with punctured lung) I was put on the top-level Targin (maybe around the 20/15 level, I was a bit out of it at the time) for severe pain management.
Once the bones began healing my Orthopaedic Surgeon began gradually reducing my dosage. Took six months to get completely off Targin.
I’m still in pain 24/7 from the original Multiple Myeloma damage to my spine, but I’m able to control it mentally.
I know people with far less damage who are not able to do that, still on painkillers. If that’s what they need, I have no problem with that.
Just saying it’s possible. Have to be the sort who can learn and apply the technique.
Not taking putt shots at anyone Ray, not all pain can be controlled by the mind or brain reprogramming, I really wish that was not the case, with me the nerve burning worked for around 6 mths, but at $10,000 each and three to be done each time, that was never going to be a long term fix. NRMA refused to pay the $30,000 for the nerve block device claiming the pain was under control using medication ..... so they didn't particularly care if I became an addict, just as long as it saved them a few $$ .... I know it will get worse and affect my arms and shoulders as the neck joints deteriorate, but fingers crossed the new colour MRI will be able to pinpoint the nerves that need to be cut rather than burnt so the fix lasts ...... but without accidentally cutting the wrong nerves and me loosing muscle control in the affected areas, the pain nerve and control nerve run side by side

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Pain for any length of time is a bastard, depending on situation like age, general health etc If I still had my cancer and it was not going to get better I would say "to hell" with being addicted and enjoy the final ride down the line, might even go for the green stuff.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today brings news of an eminent eruption in Dysart or maybe tomorrow Movicol and pills by the score are beginning to send messages. I would not be around a certain man we all know if you get my drift. I think Chuck, Norman, bull frog, and myself, may just be demoted. I understand Tanks had a very nice ham salad for lunch and is happy with that.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I know you’re in a difficult situation, and I wasn’t suggesting everyone can learn and apply the techniques I was taught.
Nor was I suggesting people like you are any the less because your situation doesn’t lend itself to psychological pain control.
I was simply trying to draw attention to an alternative.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I copied Tank's notice from Good Morning so it is a continuous story
=============================================================

"tanks" here---
The good news today is that I am now discharged from hospital after my two-week stay.

I have decided to cease all the Endone and that family of opioids, even the Osteo Paracetamol and get my blocked-up bowel back to working state.
I have just completed the second week of taking Bactrim (and I have a repeat script for next week) for the lung infection, and I'm waiting now for the infection to clear before the CT Chest scan of my lungs and hear, sometime next week at Emerald Hospital.
The Bactrim does contribute a bit to the bowel blockage, but I have to live with that.

Isn't life great!! It's so relaxing to be back home.
I do miss the "old ladies" - - - one sitting at my feet, and the little one sitting on my lap.
Keith
Dot

Post by Dot »

Good news Tanks but make sure you keep up the poop enticers. It would of been happy and sad fo you going home to an empty house but all is for the best and when you are feeling back to your "normal" you can always foster a dog if you want to. Just look after yourself and ring 000 if you need help. Do not be a stubborn old fart :lol: just hold it till you are sure what it is :lol: Welcome home xx
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Keep taking "MOVOCOL" for your bowels.

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Cashew nuts work well… and taste great too!
😀😀😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:40 am Cashew nuts work well… and taste great too!
😀😀😀
Cashews don't have that affect on me, but dairy products certainly do, about the same affect as that PicoPrep ..... :shock:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:36 pm
Greynomad wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:40 am Cashew nuts work well… and taste great too!
😀😀😀
Cashews don't have that affect on me, but dairy products certainly do, about the same affect as that PicoPrep ..... :shock:

T1 Terry
Yep, same with me, too much dairy and IBS is my friend. :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.