Tanks notice

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
Dot

Re: Tanks notice

Post by Dot »

old age.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Welcome back Tanks. I hope that you are starting to feel better. Back pain can be pretty awful from time to time.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Tanks,
Good to see you back online!

And thanks for showing me the road ahead:
Back pain: ✔️
Wrinkles: ✔️
Inches: ✖️
😆😆😆

Hope you’re back to your old (more active & relatively pain-free) self soon. 👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Great to be online again even if only briefly during spasms and when I think of something. This new TarGin tablets have the pains under control for the immediate time. Wait and see the effect.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Keith Morris wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:04 pm "tanks" here---
Great to be online again even if only briefly during spasms and when I think of something. This new TarGin tablets have the pains under control for the immediate time. Wait and see the effect.
Keith.
Don't laugh too much watching Mrs. Brown and start the pain off again. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Tanks,
Be careful with the Targin!
What strength is yours? Is it the low-dose 2.5/5 or one of the higher rated ones?
Took me three months to get off them, gradually coming down from the strongest available (10/25 I think — memory from that time is a tad foggy, understandably — might have been 15/30) to the 2.5/5 before stopping completely.
Whatever your pain level, DON’T exceed the dosage prescribed! They are opioids, after all.

Look after yourself m8. We’re praying for you. 🙏
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Contin MS is good for pain control.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 pm Tanks,
What strength is yours? Is it the low-dose 2.5/5 or one of the higher rated ones?
Took me three months to get off them, gradually coming down from the strongest available (10/25 I think — memory from that time is a tad foggy, understandably — might have been 15/30) to the 2.5/5 before stopping completely.
Whatever your pain level, DON’T exceed the dosage prescribed! They are opioids, after all.

And? ....... that is the proper use for opioids, get the pain under control first, then try to get back to the life you want to live, tapering off comes later, if at all, my opioid use is approaching the 20 yr mark, adjusted back now to an as required basis, but I can't imagine trying to live that life of continuous pain before the opioid medication became available to me ..... Most certainly, don't abuse the stuff, but I don't think you are the type of person who would do that, but don't make your life miserable on a morale basis that using opioids is a bad thing, pain control is their proper use .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 pm Tanks,

THEY have started me on the 10/5 mg 3 times a day, whereas I was taking Endone 5 mg. twice a day.
My GP starts holiday for a few weeks today---I'm yet to meet the locum bloke, but it will happen sometime.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Every person is a different story.
When I fell & broke several ribs & my collarbone (complete with punctured lung) I was put on the top-level Targin (maybe around the 20/15 level, I was a bit out of it at the time) for severe pain management.
Once the bones began healing my Orthopaedic Surgeon began gradually reducing my dosage. Took six months to get completely off Targin.
I’m still in pain 24/7 from the original Multiple Myeloma damage to my spine, but I’m able to control it mentally.
I know people with far less damage who are not able to do that, still on painkillers. If that’s what they need, I have no problem with that.
Just saying it’s possible. Have to be the sort who can learn and apply the technique.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields