wet feet in Mannum

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: wet feet in Mannum

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, it will depend on how thick the ooze is. If it is more than a few mm's thick then start with a solid wide broom or scraper/squeegee and push it away. Then use a high pressure hose to finish off. It isn't easy and it takes ages.
And it will smell. Wear gumboots and gloves. Good luck.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Wear gumboots and gloves
And pants.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I'd use the suck truck that pumps out the tanks in the houseboats and with a hose to lubricate the sludge, pump it into the truck tank. Not sure if the sewer people will let you pump it out into their system, if not, you will need to find a spot where you can empty it.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I would think the council would have to find a area for all the crud that everyone on the river would have.
Others on the north coast of NSW did.
Bernie.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The Darling has peaked at Menidee, it is 1250km from there to Murray Bridge by river, looking at the calculator on line, at 20km per 24hrs it would take 91 days to reach Murray Bridge. Most of the rain in Western Qld is ending up in rivers that drain into Lake Eyre, so we might get away with the water level not rising much higher than it is now, but it does look as though we are still going to have wet feet for another 3 mths or so.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Came across this photo of Murray Bridge.
It is taken from the air from South of the town & looking roughly North.
Mannum rd isn't really able to be seen but runs off into the distance top of photo.
Far left of the photo is a green footy oval & is where the CMCA held one of their rallies.
A= Long Island caravan park & Marina.
B=Freeway bridge over the River Murray.
C=Old road & Railway bridges over the River.
D= main street.
PS. The ferry crossing at Wellington is closed!!!
Bridge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The BoM plotted maps show the river level dropping at Wentworth, from 33.74 mtrs 7 days ago to 33.38 mtr this afternoon http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDS60253/IDS6 ... .plt.shtml looks fairly dramatic, but that's only 0.38mtr over the last 7 days. Down as far as Loxton, from 15.24mtrs 7 days ago to 14.99 mtrs this afternoon, 0.25 mtr, Mannum was 3.29 mtrs 7 days ago to 3.30 mtr at 8:30 this morning ...... the water isn't actually rushing away by the look of it :roll: It is still rising at Murray Bridge and all the way down the river to the mouth.

T1 Terry
WarrenK

Post by WarrenK »

This article may be of some interest.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-12/ ... /101848766
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Part of my planned tour at the end of March is a stint on the RiverPrincess, out from Mannum for 3 days.
I'm wondering just what the river levels are going to be then as it is/was a highlight of the tour
I just hope it's not like our planned trip through Horizontal Falls in the Kimberleys, canceled when some numpty hurt a few tourists.
That spoiled that part of the trip.
Although I do have a lot of sympathy for the flooded people and businesses I would like to complete a full tour ONCE !

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

If you kinda read between the lines, a lot of the high levels have been achieved because the floodwaters overtopped or blew out some of the levees and flooded the areas that they were intended to protect.

Rin, I know exactly what you mean. We recently travelled on the Indian Pacific. Not everything went to plan. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.