Grey water grubs

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
SteveW

Re: Grey water grubs

Post by SteveW »

Hear, Hear! Enough said.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yep.
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Not to mention humans crapping on river banks, nappied sprogs in swimming holes etc etc
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

I wasn't going to mention that....
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...
Dot

Post by Dot »

I actually saw it first hand at Macksville, the female concerned was of another country's origin and her husb was Australian :roll: After calling the said couple a "pair of filthy bastards" and to go back to where she originated I felt it best to move along.. He was a big bugger and not a happy chappie.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

homeless wrote:Wish I could have got a photo.
Cuppla comments -

Water discharging on the roadway - was it grey water? Dumping the weight of unwanted clean water is a common practice and I don't have much on an issue with that. Depending where they left, it might have been better for that environment for it to get the benefit.

Grey water - I don't see any rigid, written or unwritten, on where to dump grey water. Grey water that has not been stored long rarely smalls bad. Dumping where the sun will steralise the nasties seems to be a good thing. Stored grey water should get black water status.

Naming RV brands - rarely provides much useful intelligence. I did watch all three owners of BTs ignore the advisory signs to empty their black water cassettes in a NP toilet once. The bit that annoyed me what that each then used the "drinking water only" tap to wash the cassettes leaving human poo all over the tap bib. All proudly displaying stickers proclaiming membership of the Bushtracker Owner's group, I was roundly abused when I suggested they wash the taps off, at least. In that case, I figure it is of benefit to mention group membership as it might, just, shame some into ensuring better behaviour in the future.

Lastly, could not get to the camera fast enough. If I had, I would have posted the images, lots.

Iza
Jim

Post by Jim »

If any tap is near a dump point and there is no other clean water tap available make sure that you wash the tap before filling your tank. We carry the water free type hand cleaner and liberally use it over the tap if need be. Disposable gloves are also an assett.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I agree but I also like to take a certain amount of 'germs' a day to keep my immunity up.
Anyone got a small dose of that new flu they can send to me?
Bugga......... Dr will give it to me free in 2 months time!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

I also cannot see the dramas that some people see regarding grey water. Lots of Councils recommend that grey water be used on the garden and not wasted down the sewer. Many caravan parks want grey water on their trees. Longreach Caravan Park for example, one of the largest in the country, has no grey water drainage at all and welcomes grey water on their dry grounds.

While I don’t drop grey water on the road, I do water trees and grass with it unless specifically prohibited.
Perhaps the water discharge on this occasion was coming from the breather of a full grey water tank; perhaps it was freshwater being dumped after a camping trip to reduce weight for the return trip home.

The fact is shaming, posting photos and making libellous statements about what we think are the facts as opposed to what are the facts gets lots of people involved in legal black water. I know if I was dropping freshwater and someone posted photos of my truck identifying me and claiming that I was doing something wrong when I wasn’t I would be a tad upset, probably enough to talk to my friend Jason, Jason the lawyer that is. ;)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Or Jason the bikie :evil:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774