Bush palace

Any items that you wish to sell or otherwise rid yourself of can be placed in here.
jon_d

Re: Bush palace

Post by jon_d »

An MR licence only covers up to a GVM of 8 tonne,
Terry, better get your eyes checked.... Peter's nurse with the battery box might be the go.... :shock:

https://www.nsw.gov.au/driving-boating- ... ce-classes

MR vehicles include:

trucks and buses with a GVM more than 8 tonnes and 2 axles
any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.

Automaticsynchromesh condition

If you’re assessed in a vehicle with an automatic or synchromesh gearbox, a condition will be added to your licence. This means you’ll only be allowed to drive vehicles with a similar transmission.

To drive a vehicle with a constant mesh gearbox, you'll need to be tested or assessed in that type of vehicle.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Our bus is 11t and I have MR. Spank me :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

🤷🏼‍♀️
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:32 pm
An MR licence only covers up to a GVM of 8 tonne,
Terry, better get your eyes checked.... Peter's nurse with the battery box might be the go.... :shock:

https://www.nsw.gov.au/driving-boating- ... ce-classes

MR vehicles include:

trucks and buses with a GVM more than 8 tonnes and 2 axles
any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.

Automaticsynchromesh condition

If you’re assessed in a vehicle with an automatic or synchromesh gearbox, a condition will be added to your licence. This means you’ll only be allowed to drive vehicles with a similar transmission.

To drive a vehicle with a constant mesh gearbox, you'll need to be tested or assessed in that type of vehicle.
My bad, I was reading the LR specs as far as weight. I think you will find with a HR licence you would need to be tested in a crash gearbox vehicle to get the endorsement to drive a heavy vehicle with a non synchromesh first gear .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Do you know what the GCM (Gross combined mass) for the bush palace is, that will determine how heavy the trailer can be behind it. The fact it is registered with a 9.5 tonne GVM means it should go over every weight station and not simply pass them, the limit is 8 tonne GVM but some are as low as 4.5 tonne GVM, barely a heavy vehicle at all. As long as you aren't driving the vehicle for reward or profit, you don't have to carry a log book.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

The NSW rego for our bus/MH states: GVM 10160 - Rigid truck-not haul trler over 4.5T GTM Total

However I have found this: Class MR Medium Rigid Licence in NSW
MR vehicles include: Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles. Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.

I have to pull in to weigh stations but have always been told to return to highway without stopping.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

I always go into the checking stations and have always been waved through but be it on you if you just sail past you may cop it..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Never pulled into check ing station 🚉 all the time I was on the road 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Sounds like you have been very lucky Wayne. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with National Heavy plates.
Go in, and let them wave you on.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Not sure about the trailer weight thing 🚌
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini