Good friends needed

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
2foot6

Good friends needed

Post by 2foot6 »

A good friend sent me this, with a smiley. Guess I don't need enemies :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
supersparky

Re: Good friends needed

Post by supersparky »

Good one Peter. Bit of a scary thought. I hope none of my family have flat phone batts, when the time comes. :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I might seeing you didn't turn up at Taggerty. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Thanks Dot, nice to know I have friends..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rita just had a week in hospital in Melbourne, they had the right idea in there, USB ports to charge the phones,so I 'll be safe.As a note to all the members here , I am now 100% dependant on my pacemaker. I asked the cardio man what does that mean , is answer I didn't want to hear. He said the signals from the brain are not getting to the heart at all (severe LBBB) and the local signals in the heart do not do anything, so if the pacemaker fails ,I fail instantly. So MUST stay away from strong magnetic fields, electric shocks , (low voltage), cars running with the bonnet up, mobile phones only in the right hand side of the chest, microwave ovens and wild women. These rules were told to me when I got my first pacemaker, but he told me I must now obey those rules. Staying away from wild women is easy, I just can't afford them. :D :D
Last edited by 2foot6 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dot

Post by Dot »

You have a left bundle branch block in your ticker so what are they going to do about it? Can you get a new updated pacemaker? I gather you had heart woes before being diagnosed with L)BBB as usually the pacemaker speeds up the electrical currents from brain to heart, usually this is all the treatment that is needed to stay in a consistent rhythm. I would be careful M8 Rita holds all the cards so behave. :lol: Give Her a hug please and you take care as well. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Is the pace maker one of those with induction charging, so you only need to hold the charging device over the battery pack mounted under the skin?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

No it's not Terry, the battery is supposed to last eight years but it's been almost two years since it was implanted and may last another year. Because it's working in a number of different ways and working all the time the battery life is short. I need to get another lead replaced, but that's another major issue. The docs may do the pacemaker and lead at the same time , it's a bigger issue to replace the lead, involves running a lead from the pacemaker under the skin, cracking four ribs and getting into the heart through the chest, they are not keen to do it, needs to be done under the skin because there is four leads in the vein and it's blocked.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Maybe that can just fit a couple of terminal blocks on the outside and could put the new pace maker in your top pocket. As long as you are quick, you can swap the battery over when it goes flat .... but best be laying down before you start .... 'cause you will as soon as the battery is disconnected ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

You know how I'm an ideas man.....

Well, since one entry point is blocked, what about speaking to your hemorrhoid bloke? Just run the wires up from there?
Easy access and changing the batteries would be easy.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:32 pm Maybe that can just fit a couple of terminal blocks on the outside and could put the new pace maker in your top pocket. As long as you are quick, you can swap the battery over when it goes flat .... but best be laying down before you start .... 'cause you will as soon as the battery is disconnected ;)

T1 Terry
jon_d wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:18 pm You know how I'm an ideas man.....

Well, since one entry point is blocked, what about speaking to your hemorrhoid bloke? Just run the wires up from there?
Easy access and changing the batteries would be easy.
Well you two are just full of ideas, none of them sound that inviting. Terry, your idea is what was done on the very early pacemakers but the idea of terminals worry me, it would be to easy for Rita to unscrew the terminal whilst sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol: Jon as for your idea....well that sounds like a crappy idea and pain in the ar%e. :lol: :lol: :lol: