More labor madness

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
RobertNotBob

Re: More labor madness

Post by RobertNotBob »

Busman I believe not yet the Premier is balking about it. When you see what the Victorian blokck is pulling as well there will be big trouble soon.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Well, well…
WA has pulled the plug on their new legislation to "protect aboriginal heritage"!

Residents of our most remote capital city can now dig deeper than 500mm to plant their roses without needing permission from the local Aboriginal Land Council. 8-)

A rare example of commonsense… even if it was prompted by Albo worrying about getting a hearing for his YES , sorry, neutral gummint message on the Voice To Parliament. :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi all,

I share in the same sentiment here. Labor and their Green balance of power is leading this loved country to the third world.

Here in Victoria there is no decency, no honesty, no principle and blatant dishonesty. It very sad to see my part of our once proud country being tipped down the toilet. Mainly due to to Greens. Make no mistake, if the Greens get their will, Australia will become a communist, non democratic state, with a massive rebalance of wealth. Yes, they want to fund the non doers in society.

The Labor party supports this move. Just look at Dan's "Belt and Road" deal. Still, it has not been explained to this day. The secrecy surrounding the Victorian Government is at a level never seen before.

If the above happens, we will be in financial trouble, if the voice get's up freedom will be removed for ever. Taxes, fees in reparations will be mind boggling. Here in Victoria, between Labor and the so called Greens, they will be planning an out door fart tax. Seriously!

What ever you do, do not vote for the Voice and let Albo finish destroying this country.
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)
Dot

Post by Dot »

I am peed off because the yessers have got the ok to use John Farnham's song "the Voice" to the Albo Voice crap Turning a loved song by a loved singer into a political song . Not happy Jan
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The sky is falling and it's all Labor and the Greens fault .... well, maybe the indigenous and the yes vote are in there somewhere as well :roll:

Just as a view from the other side of politics, who was it that thought Snowy 2.0 was a financially viable project? They can't even get enough water to flow down the Murray to clear the mud out, even after all the big rains .... everyone knows a wet weather cycle will be followed by a dry weather cycle, most of the snow in the ski fields is man made, we no longer have the high water events in spring to clean out the river system .... so where is the added water going to come from to actually make the thing work? The original snowy scheme caused a lot of problems in thew river and no water for irrigators so a fortune was spent paying off the land holders affected ...... what is the plan for 2.0? Dehydrated water stock piled when it floods, then trucked in when the dry season hits? :roll:
For the money wasted so far, a major sea water pumping project could have been built, the tides change regularly, even in a drought ...... now the 2.0 project is already 2 yrs behind schedule and it's anyone's guess just how far over budget it will be when it's finally capable of producing the promised

Snowy 2.0 will provide an additional 2,200 megawatts of dispatchable, on-demand generating capacity
That's not the "base load power" that the anti renewables love to shout about, it will only be available when there is enough stored water (that will require power from the grid to pump up to the storage lakes) for peak demand times ......

If the whole thing was a "pie in the sky" promise (with money the country didn't have) that the LNP knew they had no hope of delivering, then I'd love to hear a better one ......

I still think the better choice on election day would have been "None of the above" and see just what the result would have been with no one making plans of decisions that didn't match up with all the people's expectations ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:23 pm I am peed off because the yessers have got the ok to use John Farnham's song "the Voice" to the Albo Voice crap Turning a loved song by a loved singer into a political song . Not happy Jan
John Farnham must agree with the "yes" vote to allow his song to be used .... I'm still wondering what it is that everyone is afraid of ..... I can understand the big miners and oil/gas companies being against it .... can you imagine if an indigenous company blew up the war memorial because there was something under it they wanted to dig up and sell ....... an indigenous voice in parliament might have had a more serious view of Rio Tinto blowing up caves that they had already been told was not to go near them .......
I think too many people are being lead by the nose by big business ... it's not like the first time it's happened ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

... an indigenous voice in parliament might have had a more serious view of Rio Tinto blowing up caves that they had already been told was not to go near them .......

T1 Terry
[/quote]

The correct facts about that cave is that Rio had approval from the relevant Natives a couple of years before that area was slated for strip mining.
If you look at the published pictures of the damages that are said to have been done there is very little actual damage, There is a bit of damage near the entrance but the actual cave itself is still wide open.
The real trouble with that cave is that it became a political football.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:26 am ... an indigenous voice in parliament might have had a more serious view of Rio Tinto blowing up caves that they had already been told was not to go near them .......

T1 Terry

The correct facts about that cave is that Rio had approval from the relevant Natives a couple of years before that area was slated for strip mining.
If you look at the published pictures of the damages that are said to have been done there is very little actual damage, There is a bit of damage near the entrance but the actual cave itself is still wide open.

Ron
[/quote]

Govt consent is not the same as approval from the traditional owners. Even Rio Tinto admitted they had done the wrong thing https://www.riotinto.com/en/news/trendi ... 20operates. no point in trying to "white" wash what was a multi national company putting the almighty $$ ahead of everything else and a govt that allowed it to happen

T1 Terry
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Noggins wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:26 am ... an indigenous voice in parliament might have had a more serious view of Rio Tinto blowing up caves that they had already been told was not to go near them .......

T1 Terry

Ron
[/quote]
Thanks for your input Ron, however there are some uninformed on the forum that are unaware of the facts and through ignorance, choose to listen to the diversions presented by the political leaders as being established truth,
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

But isn't that how so much 'stuff' becomes 'fact'.
Someone stretches the truth a bit, then it becomes accepted by the news feeds, then it makes the papers and ,voila, its a news item, so it must be true. Doesn't matter where you sit in the political spectrum, they all use less than factual information to push their own agenda.
That's politics, and that's a fact.
Sometimes even Donald Trump was right with his ' fake news' stories. Even when they weren't
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.