More labor madness

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Busman

More labor madness

Post by Busman »

See there are new laws in WA. If you want to dig more than 50 cm, have to get a cultural study done, if you want to clean out a dam, that is ok as long as you move less than 20 kg of dirt, yep otherwise a cultural study.

This should be the death knell of labor in this country, unfortunately while the best the other side has to offer is mr potato head, it may not be !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
supersparky

Re: More labor madness

Post by supersparky »

It's been like that in a lot of areas for a while Bill. Especially if there was a mining lease held on the area.
Kinda sad isn't it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Extremely sad David, but this applies to your residential block as well. It seems alboverseas has a federal version ready to roll as soon as he gets his vote up. They will have power to block/amend ALL developments. What a crock of shite.

And labor going along with all these activists can't see that they are causing far more division than ever existed before.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I think it's always been the same with a residential block. You only own the top foot or so of dirt.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

supersparky wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:42 am I think it's always been the same with a residential block. You only own the top foot or so of dirt.
David, it has not been under aboriginal control and require a permit before this latest move towards a treaty and all that that involve. We have a few interesting and indecisive years ahead.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I wonder how they are going to go with some of the built up areas like the Gold Coast that have maybe 2-3 metres or more of fill over the native swamp land. I know our place has over a metre of fill before you get to the original sandy surface.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Busman

Post by Busman »

Not the land itself that is the problem, it is asking cultural permission if you want to move anymore than 20 Kg of dirt ? Crazy !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

around 2006, our section of Purnong Rd received an actual town water supply, it was all tank water and Murray water pumping before then ... even though the area the pipe was to be laid was originally part of a sheep and cattle grazing property that ran along the banks of the Murray River before the 1955 floods, the then Howard Liberal Govt demanded a cultural study be conducted and the reeds that had grown along the flood plain (that weren't there before 1956) were declared to have sacred aboriginal protection by the then federal govt surveyors producing a laugh from the indigenous locals who said "we wouldn't have even been stupid enough to make that claim" so instead of the pipe running up that side of the road, they dug up the house side of the road and laid the pipes there .... so, claiming this sort of nonsense is party politics based does not hold water ... so to speak ;) :lol:
Govt stupidity doesn't know political allegiance, some are just a bit more stupid than others .... like buying water licenses from up stream Murray basin property holders for outrageous amounts of money yet allowing them to buy water licenses from down stream at budget prices, yet drawing that water upstream, completely circumventing the planned intension of flushing the high saline and other chemical levels out of the lower Murray river system, then launching investigations (at a premium $$ costing of course) to find out the cause of the mass fish kills caused by saline and chemical build up in the water..... I'll let you decide if that was stupidity or a method of moving money that wasn't actually theirs to spend :twisted: ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

… and if The Voice to Parliament (not the TV show :D ) gets up, things will only get worse.

I've read the gummint's online info.

It says under "How it will work" (to paraphrase) "Vote it in first, then we'll work out how." :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Some sanity has been applied in WA, seems they have pulled the cantankerous legislation