Prime Campers from SA

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
wayno

Prime Campers from SA

Post by wayno »

Hi all,

Yep, I am still exploring the options out there and in doing so I stumbled across Prime Campers in North Adelaide.

I am wondering if any of the mostly SA people here have seen this brand and what your thoughts might be on them.

The model that attracted me is this one https://primecampers.com.au/new-hybrid-caravan/pt-x16/

Without being able to look at real specifics, on face value this unit seems to stack up to what I am looking for. Not too big, weight is ok and seems to fit well between a caravan and the other hybrids on offer.

Has anyone got one, ordered one, about to order one or think they a heap of crap?

All opinions accepted without offence. ;)

Wayno
Enjoying living in Central Victoria.

As far as away from dirty Dan as possible. ;)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Prime Campers from SA

Post by T1 Terry »

The camping and lifestyle expo is on in Adelaide next Feb, but you could contact them to see if they planned to attend any of the Victorian events caravan and camping shows, a uick Google search says they start the circuit over there next mth

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
wayno

Post by wayno »

Thanks T1,

They seem to be pretty good, not perfect like all the rest.
Still doing homework on them, so far they tick most boxes.
I like the layout and the overall setup with a roll out awning, as opposed to a cassette one.

I'll look up the shows.

Wayno

Dot

Post by Dot »

Where are they Wayno? there are a few people over here to maybe have a look at them.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
The camper Looks like a good unit; decent size fridge/freezer, most mod cons including washing machine.
I have been out of the circuit so long I don't have any idea of the asking price, but if it is going to be "home" while you are on-the-road then the cost of purchase is a minor thing that you can write-off over the years of pleasure that you get from the unit.
I didn't look to see if the camper had security screens. There are a few options that would be worth including.
Please keep us posted.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi Dot, good to hear from you, I thought you might have ridden ahead for a while.
Thank god you haven't.

Prime Campers are located at 65-67 Wingfield Rd, Wingfield SA. If anyone is brave enough to go into that area and take look I would appreciate it. I know the area well and you can get the best Banh Mi in Wingfield.
Dot wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 pm Where are they Wayno? there are a few people over here to maybe have a look at them.
All feed back from any of the locals will be very appreciated and thank for enticing anyone to do so.
I have fired them a list of questions for the time being and wait to see what they get back with.
Apparently, there is an upgraded model on their horizon, so have asked about.

Must say I am suprised you ppl over there are not all over Prime Campers. Maybe this new model is the Nova that will gain attention.

Cheers,

Wayno

wayno

Post by wayno »

Thank you Keith,
Great feedback.

It is potentially a very good unit, good price and a nice little home for on the road.
Pleased you can see the upside and value in this van.
Keith Morris wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:34 pm "tanks" here---
The camper Looks like a good unit; decent size fridge/freezer, most mod cons including washing machine.
I have been out of the circuit so long I don't have any idea of the asking price, but if it is going to be "home" while you are on-the-road then the cost of purchase is a minor thing that you can write-off over the years of pleasure that you get from the unit.
I didn't look to see if the camper had security screens. There are a few options that would be worth including.
Please keep us posted.
Keith.
Of course I have fired in many questions to them and will advise you on how things workout.

Let's see?

Wayno

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Wayno,

1. If an upgraded fridge is available, get a two-door.
2. Upgrade the microwave. The Noe brand is cr@p. (I've got one… it's on the list for replacement.)
3. Check the load rating on the tyres. For an ATM of 3t you need 118 as a minimum. And if the rims are 15" upgrade to 16". You can't get 118 in a 15" rim in Australia. I've tried. Just replaced my 15" rims with 16"… you can get 118 in that size (I've gone for 120 just to be safe, after one of my 109 rated tyres shredded under the load of 2.5t. Previous owner replaced original (imported on the chassis) 118 tyres with under-rated locals.

Otherwise, looks good for a 16-footer.
And, hey! It's got back-to-back handbasins! :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
wayno

Post by wayno »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for chiming in. You have provided valuable information.

What is the best replacement for the Noe microwave? I guess you might be still looking?

Don't worry, I know my tyres very well, learnt the hard way like most of us. ;)
Greynomad wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:42 am Wayno,

1. If an upgraded fridge is available, get a two-door.
2. Upgrade the microwave. The Noe brand is cr@p. (I've got one… it's on the list for replacement.)
3. Check the load rating on the tyres. For an ATM of 3t you need 118 as a minimum. And if the rims are 15" upgrade to 16". You can't get 118 in a 15" rim in Australia. I've tried. Just replaced my 15" rims with 16"… you can get 118 in that size (I've gone for 120 just to be safe, after one of my 109 rated tyres shredded under the load of 2.5t. Previous owner replaced original (imported on the chassis) 118 tyres with under-rated locals.

Otherwise, looks good for a 16-footer.
And, hey! It's got back-to-back handbasins! :lol:
I am thinking it is a good little unit, offers me what I need, not too big and easy to tow. Every thing has plusses and minuses, but I think this one offers more than less. I will not be going full off road. but still want to be able to get into some tight spots in National Parks, State Forests and free camps. Hence, going smaller, self contained and a smaller footprint makes sense to me.

Wayne

pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Wayne is it Australian made or a Chinese flat pack import?

PeterH
PeterH