Next project

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Eddy

Re: Next project

Post by Eddy »

It is in a bit better nick than the liquid cooled 250 I have sitting around - must do something with it one day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I had one of those, back in the day. Not sure that fuel tank will hold fuel anymore Eddy.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:16 pm John,

Good luck with the next restoration project!

We hope to visit sometime in Feb '24 to inspect progress. :)

T1,
There was a Yamaha Virago 250 V twin, complete with a towbar and a trailer, in the workshop, the fire didn't do it a lot of good, the trailer was outside but the plastic top/body part has melted ..... my hips, knees and licence won't tolerate me having another big, so if anyone wants the trailer, it's yours ....
Pics please Terry?
A picture of the trailer? The Virago is probably part of a large pile of scrap metal somewhere in Adelaide, so not particularly photogenic so to speak ;) :lol: Next time I'm up at the yard I'll take a few photos of the melted top trailer if that was what you were after ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Well. Not quite the RD350 but thought I should do this one first. Bought it years ago secondhand to use on the fruit block. Very handy as a runaround checking sprinklers and used it a lot laying and removing drip line when I grew vegies. Was going to put a small boomspray on it to kill the coltrop ( prickly little creeping weeds) But of course it wouldn't go until I did some work on it and one thing lead to another. Interesting thing. The plastic was very dirty and oxidized. Good old google told me a heat gun would restore it so I cleaned and scrubbed it and sure enough the heat gun took it back to its bright blue.
Yamaha 1.jpg
Yamaha 2.jpg
Yamaha3.jpg
Cheers John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Looks good John.
I had one similar, had to watch your heels from the rear tyre.
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Don't let Ray near it. I have a project for you as well :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hey Dot I've got a job for you as well!!!
Ironic how everyone has a job for someone else!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA