Why is buying a motorhome so stressful?

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Why is buying a motorhome so stressful?

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:59 pm This is the one that I thought may suit your needs, if you have a little bit of extra space in the top of your enclosure.

https://www.nhp.com.au/product/dsrcbh1630ad
Ummm.... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12608326393 ... 12EALw_wcB
At $27.50 I thought the ones from electrotraders were expensive ..... the ones on evilbay are $60 a pc ...

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Never mind the quality, feel the width. A well known line from an old pommy sitcom. Maybe even the name of it.
Dunno how many of those cheap ones I've replaced over the years mainly because they fail to proceed after a while.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

PM for Mander 48
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Terry, did you get around to sourcing an inverter fridge that would fit in the original space?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:18 am Terry, did you get around to sourcing an inverter fridge that would fit in the original space?
I repaired the Waeco broken bottom door hinging point in the door itself. A very poor design with just a plastic sleeve glued into a hole in the plastic, then another plastic bush inside that. I drilled out the centre of an aluminium rivnut so the second bush would fit in, then gued it in place in the door using some of that 2 part putty that comes in those small plastic rolls ..... cut a piece off and continue twisting it through itself until it gets warm and an even colour, then pack the space, then pushed the drilled out rivnut into place. Seems to have worked ok at the moment, but I haven't connected it to the 24v battery yet, so time will tell.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Happy days, the inverter is now powering what it was supposed to power, it's back in its spot and a remote switch wire run up inside to allow it to be switched off when not required (wife request) the cables/conduit all neatly retained against the walls and the junction boxes mounted and their lids on ... even a quick squirt with black paint to make it look better :D ... need to take a photo and post it here to prove it did happen :lol:

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Photo proof ;)
inverter in place and wired up.jpg
inverter in place and wired up 2.jpg
inverter in place and wired up 3.2.jpg
Cabling through the tunnel boot upper section.jpg
Had to put up lots of photos to cover how long it took :twisted:

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Some photos of the recent work

A piece of the remains of some aluminium 3mm plate after the fire. This is to mount the heater tank close to the main diesel tank
1 Panel to mount heater diesel tank small.jpg
The diesel tank mounted to the motorhome side panel
3 Tank mounted.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Had to panel beat the fuel tank and move the strap to make room
3 Diesel tank strap moved.jpg
The panel refitted and the heater tank filler beside the motorhome tank filler
3 Panel back on.jpg
Stove removed, heater fitted and brackets where the vac toilet pipe ran up the wall, then across and down through the floor
3 Diesel heater mounted and brackets where toilet pipe ran.jpg
A day job just getting the door out. The runner was the full width of the room and the door higher and wider than the doorway
3 Door removed from toilet.jpg
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Christmas tree of pipe fittings to get the water cut solenoid low enough to fit
3 Pipe fitting tree.jpg
Water cut solenoid in place rceady for support bracket
3 Water cut in place.jpg
Hammer and vice formed 3mm plate to support water cut solenoid and pipe fitting tree
3 Hand formed 3mm aluminium support bracket.jpg