Panel removal.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BernieQ2

Panel removal.

Post by BernieQ2 »

IMG20240206081839.jpg
I need to remove the panel in the picture...does anyone know how it is attached ?
It's the panel that has the diesel tank filler hole, plus the diesel heater tank... which is leaking.. those 3 bolts hold it there.
You can't get your fingers in its just to close to the main tank.
I have a new one in the shed that I want to put in.
Bernie.
IMG20240206081839.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Panel removal.

Post by T1 Terry »

Drop the fuel tank to gain the room you need :D I know you didn't want to hear that, so I typed it instead :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

AH comes to mind Terry 🤣🤣
Bernie.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Are they welded on ???
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Looked through all my Hino manuals and no mention or photos of body panels, so no help there. My RB145A burnt to the ground, but no body panels busted out even though it was crushed when the crane rail collapsed onto it, so I'm guessing they are seam welding up the inside .......
You'll be able to tell us, once you remove the fuel tank :D

T1 Terry

Just a thought, if the RH160 is the same setup as the RB145, then the spare wheel is up inside the lefthand body panel, behind the door, you could look up in there to see if there are any bolts that hold the panels together ......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Spare tyre mounted on the front.
IMG_0261.JPG
Bernie.
Will we get photos of the fuel tank removal? Just asking ;) :D

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VicA

Post by VicA »

I expect that bins have replaced the original position of the spare which was a wind down set up under the left side.
Cheers
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yes Vic, bins on passenger side.
I think I would rather find another spot for the diesel heater tank...or plum it to the bus tank.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Honestly Bernie I would cut out a nice little area & create/buy a little door to fit over it.
Don't recommend tapping into your diesel tank/line. If into the line I see air in system problems & I guess you could install a new pickup but .... really?
Does the leaky tank appear to be identical to the spare you have? If so that would give you a good idea of where/how to cut. Angle grinder for me for initial cut.
Pretend you have two water heaters!!!
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ballan/ ... 1321270300
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

It's not a water heater Bruce, heater for inside the motorhome. To keep us warm in the winter.
Bernie.