Excess Petrol

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Excess Petrol

Post by T1 Terry »

You seem to have forgotten the Cooper Basin oil and gas reserves NP, 630 drilled and proven gas wells and 340 oil wells, all capped but ready to produce on short notice. Mini catalytic processing plants would spring up as required, but producing to fill military requirements, the general public will learn very quickly that fossil fuel powered vehicles are no longer viable on a war footing.

They already make synthetic Jet fuel, not from seed oil or palm oil, hydrogen modified into long chain chemicals to remain a liquid at under 40*C at sea level, pressure maintains it in a liquid state above 40*C.
Electric long haul cargo planes are already in service, along with converted trucks while the new ones roll off the production lines world wide.

As for diet being the killer, my father never saw his 41st birthday, yet his mother lived till she was in her 80's mind was gone and the body soon followed. My mother didn't see her 68th birthday, yet she had the diet of the older generation, I've abused my body with drugs and physical damage from numerous accidents, yet I've outlived all the members of my immediate family and older than all the members of the previous generation ..... kinda puts the diet idea in doubt, but if it works for you or anyone else, go for it.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Bow

Post by Bow »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joadja,_New_South_Wales

At Joadja they use to run the Petrol down the creek and set fire to it.

The waste coal was used as road base.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 pm You seem to have forgotten the Cooper Basin oil and gas reserves NP, 630 drilled and proven gas wells and 340 oil wells, all capped but ready to produce on short notice.

T1 Terry
Didn't forget the Cooper basin, it's oil and gas come from shale and coal seams, they are low grade and very hard to access because the reserves are in small fragmented sites, increasing extraction costs. The oil is light oil so has to be processed overseas, which does nothing for our fossil fuel security and if Coopers was a viable field, they'd be using it now not having the majority of wells capped.

As for seed oils, they are a transition solution, not long term except as a replacement for plastics and the only viable replacement as just about everything used on the planet today contains plastics. Considering all the factors in life today doubt there will be a need for solutions to fuel and living standards, seems we are quickly killing ourselves off with our lifestyles and approach to the future.

As for diet and health, early onset cancers in people 25-45 have jumped 79% in the last 20 years, ASD has jumped 48% in the last 5 years and rises in mental health problems are through the roof. The most common cancers in the young today, are breast, including more and more men and bowel, bowel cancer rates in the young is going through the roof, sadly for some reason most aren't diagnosed until the final stages. So there must be a reason for those increases and it's not because the medical approach is improving, just the opposite.

Medical science doesn't cure anything, all they can do is cover the symptoms, try to chemically destroy the internal problem, or cut it out and hope that stops it. It's a scientific fact, it's your body that fixes any problems and nothing else, that's if they are fixable and not at the point of no return. Good health isn't having to take medications derived from fossil oils, which all have long tern side effects. Good health is not taking any drugs or chemicals into your body, not even through your skin and being able to function without pain or restrictions, other than natural ageing ones even though you may feel great.

Ive just experienced that reality, one week after my prostate procedure, felt so good, started doing lots of things including heavy lifting, only to discover blood in my urine something that had stopped a couple of says after the procedure and it took over 2 more weeks for it to go away. Which really pissed me off as felt good but had to lie down and take it easy, did nothing for another week but laid around. Over easter decided to start long walks, running and working, only to find I was buggered really fast and walking up the very steep hills was a struggle, as was lifting oil drums.

The moral is, as we age we lose condition much faster than when younger, so have to keep up our strengthening aerobic and fitness resilience, or we lose it. Of course the authorities are always warning us of this and that we should alter our diets for a better life, like most I ignored them thinking my lifestyle would help my body maintain itself whilst incapacitated for just a few weeks, but was wrong.

I also look at it this way, when we are young, our biological needs are for our growing developing bodies, so we need diets that provide the right fuels to attain that growth. As we age, we no longer require the same diet because our bodies have stopped growing and it's functions are changing, so we should have diet that reflects that need. We no longer need heavy high proteins, but softer proteins and it's the same for all aspects of diet, changing it so it reflects our bodies needs as we age, is much more healthy than continuing on with the same dietary ingredients and applications as we did when our bodies were growing. After all, our bodies are biological machines, not personal gratification deposits and all it does is clog us up.

My osteopath recently got shingles for the first time and it really knocked her around, medications were doing nothing and was a bit desperate and knows of my knowledge of health and diet, asking if I knew of anything that would help. Made few suggestions and a week later she contacted me thanking me for such good advise as the shingle started going away after a couple of days of her changing. In any health situation, the first thing to reversing it is to remove the cause, then assist our bodies with the best fuel to help it combat and reverse the condition, if possible. It only works if you put the effort in, otherwise not worth even trying.

Agree, everyone to their own approach to life, I just like to be responsible for my health as best I can and not rely upon chemically saturated foods and pharmaceuticals to cover up for my biological irresponsibility.

Should add, my knowledges comes from personal experience, experimentation and learning, backed up by world medical science statistics and not profit growth propaganda. Along with qualifications in Osteopathy, naturopathy, iridology, kinesiology, sports injuries, dietary nutrition and a few other borderline healing skills. I may not had an education, but have made up for it in many other ways. When we were playing music 5-7 nights a week and sometimes 2 twice saturday and sunday in Canberra, for 5 years owned and operated the Yarralumla clinic of natural therapies there and had 5 qualified practitioners working for me part time. After 5 years of non stop zooming through life, looked for gigs outside Canberra, shut the clinic and moved back to our property in the snowy mountains coastal range. That's when our rural touring began, we played anything anywhere anytime and played what people wanted to hear, so were very successful in our little musical niche.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It's not just our own health that is changing, for want of a better word. We are slowly killing our planet, with pollution and the ever increasing changes to our ecology. We commonly use pesticides to remove some bug or another with little regard for the side effects. There were bugger all Christmas beetles last summer, and not many bees to be seen either.
I reckon NP is right about the increase in autism or ADHD in our kids. Same as asthma, heart disease and cancers.
Personally I blame processed foods, and our reliance on hydro carbons. But without a big change to how our society views things it will only increase.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Bow

Post by Bow »

Overpopulation is the number one problem, more people burn more resources.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I agree with that Greg!
Imagine if a farmer just kept breeding more & more animals? The farmer would be charged with cruelty.
Have a look around & find out who is breeding & then ad the migrants to that.
I shudder every time I see these "save a child" campaigns! Why? I ask, why? So they can breed like flied & live in squallow?
The Chinese recognised this problem many years ago with the one child law. Now the economy & greed has effected them even they don't need that law any more.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

NP, you are looking at the Copper Basin reserves with 20th century technology, we can crack any oil now because we don't use the old distillation method. No need to send it off shore, catalytic cracking takes up a fraction of the room the distillation method did and we can make what ever we need because we can now build long chain molecules from short chain molecules so even gas could be made into plastics base materials if required .... but the reliance on even plastics is shifting to other materials, like modern processing of hemp. Cotton would have been a product of the past if it wasn't for the lobbying of big money to outlaw any hemp growing using a drug scare campaign ..... the active chemical in certain strands of hemp still give a "high" but compared to the "ICE" and other synthetic drugs pandemic that is killing our kids, many countries are starting to see through the "smoke screen" the lobbyist put up all those yrs ago, even to the point it is now a prescription drug .... imagine where hemp manufacturing techniques would be at now if it wasn't for halting of hemp production all those yrs back.

The medical industry has moved beyond treating the symptoms to treating the active part of the problem by using the bodies own defence system to attack targeted cells rather than everything .... we even have a cure for Leprosy now, give credit where it's due NP, medical science is doing a great job.

Maybe, some day, the whole prostate cancer problem will be no more, the body reprogrammed to attack the problem cells .... clearly something diet and exercise can't achieve, or you would never have suffered from it. I do believe in the idea the body can heal itself, it just needs to know how and the belief it can do it, then, given the guiding assistance, it will solve the problems created by genetic errors during cell reproduction.
Who knows, maybe the errors can be caught very early, the whole error code rewritten and the errors never occur again .... then the maintenance diet will revert to the need for a growing diet because cell reproduction will no longer need to be slowed to avoid errors occurring at a faster rate .....

Would longer life spans eliminate the need for human repopulation to the point it would become an internally controlled function? I guess time will tell ....

What we need is synthetic super conductors so the need for copper mining and refining becomes a thing of the past, we can already build materials stronger than steel and iron based products, so mining and refining of those will go out of style along with aluminium ..... no more dig it up and ship it out, no more climate and habitat destruction so the planet can heal itself ... it has done it multiple times in the past ... just didn't have the destructive parasite humans to fight off at the same time, unless we stop being a parasite and learn how to live less destructively, the planet will win the battle and the parasite problem will be eliminated ..... up to those remaining if it means genocide for the human race, or a change to a codependent that can live in harmony and maybe help the hoist planet .... I guess time will answer that one as well ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Terry, my information if from 2020-2023 and not 1923. There are over 22 million registered vehicles in Aus, which consume over 8000 million litres a year of fuel. Coopers basin in 2020 produced around 795000lt of oil, 80% refined overseas, which is less than 8% of requirements and then we have to figure in the many other uses of oil, like plastics, pharmaceuticals, fabrics, chemicals, food additives, and many more. Our entire economy and lifestyle relies upon fossil oils and they are killing us and the planet.

Seed oils which produce around 80% less noxious emissions and are environmentally friendly could only be a transitional thing, but really nonviable because we couldn’t produce the amount required to compensate for the lose of oil supplies, so its a dead end street for the future as diesel consumption rose by around 26% from 2020-2023. We could support this country on seed oil commodities, but only with a population of less than 10 million, which would reduce our consumption buy more than half and aid in conversion to Ev’s

As for the transition to Ev’s, that’s impossible to do for 22 million vehicles within the next 50 years because of cost, supply and political opposition from all sides, as economic (profit) growth is their only mantra and we are importing over 500000 immigrants a year to drive profit growth. How that makes sense to any logical thinking person is beyond me, yet people continue to support the current political direction and application, hoping one day the pollies will get it right and they never will

Medical science is excellent in diagnosis, traumatic and repair surgery, but it doesn’t cure anything, all they can do is cover the symptoms, cut it out or manage the deterioration of life. It’s our bodies that do any repairs and that’s backed by all the science. The health condition of a society can be ascertained by the number of healthy biologically problems free members of the society there are, in Aus, around 90% of people over the age of 55 are on some form of medication and over 90% of all Australians take some form of medication a number of times during the year. Which is the opposite to good health, people like me take no medication and I’ve not had medication for any medical condition since 1975, because of my diet.

I had my follow up with the surgeon yesterday and was told the material removed from my prostate was completely cancer free and my bladder and kidneys were in excellent condition. He commented that he had never seen someone of my age with organs in such good condition and could only put that down to my diet, as my family history was the opposite.

Some interesting facts for you, the societies with the highest rates of cancer, osteoporosis, heart disease, high cholesterol, vascular and arthritic conditions, organ deterioration are the highest consumers of dairies and processed foods. The lowest are from societies which has a more natural diet and few processed or dairy foods. Cows milk is designed to promote rapid growth in calves, which go from birth to fully grown within 2 years. Human lactates are designed for the slow growth of children who take over a decade to mature and not rapid growth, all highly processed denatured and chemically saturated foods humans consume today, it’s not wonder we are the only animal on earth that voluntarily consumes lactates after weaning and we are the sickest animal on earth.

It’s notable that because of the current human diets, children are maturing younger, girls are menstruating younger and they are all developing health problems which a century ago would only be seen in ageing people. Many men and in particular young men are developing breasts and suffering breast cancer, because they are consuming huge amounts of chemically saturated foods which contain big amounts of oestrogen, derived from plastics and other oil products. It could also be a reason why the number of men claiming to be women are growing, but I’d put that down to the deterioration in mental health because of diet and environmental factors.

In veterinary science, animal pets fed lactates and processed foods, have the highest incidence of health problems, whilst those fed as close to a natural diet as possible, have very few. The claim dogs are carnivorous flies in face of reality, it’s been shown that in the wild, dingos diets consist of around 30% of their diet is meats and they are mostly light meats, birds and small animals the rest is herbs and vegetables. Dogs are omnivores like us, But neither dogs or human are designed for the consumption of fossil oil saturated foods or dairies, we are biological machines and should be treated as such.

You can make light or ridicule those on sensible healthy diets, but all the medical and scientific facts are the opposite to your claims and are broadcast to the world constantly. However as our medical profession is controlled by the pharmaceutical companies, symptomatic medicine is the norm, whilst preventative medicine is denounced as quackery. Which provides ample evidence of the psychological state of humanity, ideologically controlled and not fact or reality controlled. Sadly the truth is kept from people by overwhelming it with corporate propaganda and denouncing anything that will conflict with their power and control, irrelevant to the outcome for life.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Are you two trying to outdo each other with post length?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Forgot about hemp, there are a number of different types for commercial hemp, grain/seed, fibre, each has less than 1% THC and you can never get stoned on them. They could provide a great alternative for oil products, but with 22 million people, there's no way we could grow enough to overcome oil products. Cotton, is a water and chemical hungry crop and with climate change could become unviable in this country in the coming years. Medicinal hemp (CBD) has been used for many thousands of years and will not cure anything, but it really helps with pain relief, allowing our bodies to continue functioning and repairing without the total negativity of pharmaceuticals who all have adverse side effects and do northing for pain relief. Pharmaceuticals also require higher and higher doses for them to have any effect and they cause lots of harm over the long term, you'd find it hard to find any medication that doesn't has associated negative outcomes from their use and a simple internet search always reveals the true side effects of the drugs you are taking, all are organ destructive.

The only way we could produce enough commercial hemp to remove reliance upon oil products, is to stop commercial beef and cooking oil production and use those areas for hemp and seed oil production. Which are much more friendly environmentally and don't produce the harmful outcomes the consumption of bovine products do. But for 22+ million people, not really viable. Cooking oil is another destructive product, our bodies are not designed to consume processed vegetable oils in the huge quantities we use and the are contributing to bad health. When I make chips I lightly smear the tray with avocado oil and bake the chips, other than that use no oils at all in my food. To get the benefit of olive oils, I eat olives which have a few trees and that's only during the ripening season. You can make whatever you want out of my posts, it's the example of our lives that provides the irrefutable evidence as to our life reality. I have mine you have yours, as does everyone else and I leave other to follow their own paths. My posts on these subjects just relay what the true scientific reality is and the 50 years of study experimentation, outcomes have attained. When asked by others for guidance in health, they can look at me and see the example, look at members of the medical profession and you see the example they provide. Have helped many people over the decades work towards better health, but ten times more have not taken the advise and they aren't around any more. That's why I don't practise any more, just a waste of time giving advise over and over to those who refuse to take responsibility for their lives, expecting someone else or some miraculous drug or procedure to do it for them. It's frustrating and a waste of time.