Horse meat in burgers.

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
wanderer

Horse meat in burgers.

Post by wanderer »

Another one from another forum.

In the UK, some supermarkets have admitted that there is horse meat in their home cook burgers.
Even places like Burger King have had to admit that there are “small amounts” of horse meat in their burgers.Tesco is a big supermarket chain.

Within hours of the news that Tesco's 'all beef hamburgers' contained 30% horse meat, these quips hit the internet…

“I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse....."
I guess Tesco just listened.

Anyone want a burger from Tesco? Yay or neigh?

Not entirely sure how Tesco are going to get over this hurdle.

Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger.
So I had £5 each way!

Had some burgers from Tesco for my tea last night ...
I still have a bit between my teeth.

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse meat burgers from Tesco.
Her condition is said to be stable.

Tesco are now testing all their vegetarian burgers for traces of unicorn

"I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer ... AND THEY'RE OFF"

Tesco now forced to deny presence of zebra in burgers,
as shoppers confuse barcodes for serving suggestions.

Said to the missus, “These Tesco burgers given me terrible trots”.

“To beef or not to beef.
That is equestrian.”

A cow walks into a bar. Barman says, “Why the long face?”
Cow says, “Illegal ingredients, coming over here stealing our jobs!”

I hear the smaller version of those Tesco burgers make great horse d'oeuvres.

These Tesco burger jokes are going on a bit,
Talk about flogging a dead horse.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Horse meat in burgers.

Post by T1 Terry »

Anything for a quick buck....

To test the reaction to the horse meat scandal, would they use a Gallop poll?

I guess we will get saddled with these puns for a while :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Very clever, even yours Terry :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Dot wrote:Very clever, even yours Terry :lol: :lol:
If only Terry was as quick building "Rustic imperfection" dot, :roll: :twisted: he would be yelling "Hi Ho Silver" :D and riding off into the sunset. :lol: :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

Maybe he would like to borrow my spurs and whips.. Not "Hi Ho Silver" but "Beginning Of Rawhide" :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Dot wrote:Maybe he would like to borrow my spurs and whips.. Not "Hi Ho Silver" but "Beginning Of Rawhide" :roll:

He would probably put the blinkers on, and hoof it. :twisted:
Dot

Post by Dot »

As long as he was well shod and had the bit between his teeth.
homeless

Post by homeless »

I had several clients that were involved in predominantly processing horses for the meat market.

Most went overseas but once the hide was removed you could not tell the difference.

I bet it would be the same as eating goat or sheep, very little difference.

Sorry now I did not take some home and try out as I was always offered produce to take home and used to carry an esky as I was always ready for some fresh offal.

I had wild boar and venison as well as Kangaroo. One of the perks of the job. Biggest problem was when I flew as I never tried to bring fresh meat back on a plane as I think it would be hard to explain. Though I always bought back Metwurst if I went to a plant in S.A.

Fresh lambs fry or veal kidneys YUMMMM

Bit like getting rabbit at Kentucky (got some in Adelaide once and Yes I ate a lot of rabbit in my time and know a front leg of a rabbit ). We eat all sorts of meat but when we pay for beef we want beef.

One of my beefs :lol: :lol: is when they say they have a Angus beef this or that and they give you a patty WHATTTTT can be anything. If I pay for Angus beef that's what I want, a piece of bloody beef. the same as grain fed and grass fed or MSA standards, if you pay extra you want what you pay for.

I could tell you lots of stories of the accuracy of grading meat in the processing plants. There are very high standards required in Aust but they can sometimes lapse, but when our meat gets overseas then boy does the standard go down and then they try and claim because our standards are not adequate. Like taking sides of beef outside on a concrete slab to be dissected and the next side is laid on the same spot ALL day. No sterilization of knifes etc, no wash down and lots of flies etc. Then they claim that the container load was contaminated. Just happened all our processes were photographed and on this shipment they were seen off at the wharf and met at their wharf and followed through to the plant and photos were taken of their processing.

Enjoy your macca's :lol: all

Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
nedskelly

Post by nedskelly »

homeless wrote:I had several clients that were involved in predominantly processing horses for the meat market.

Most went overseas but once the hide was removed you could not tell the difference.

I bet it would be the same as eating goat or sheep, very little difference.

Enjoy your macca's :lol: all

Regards
Brian

Umm! I was involved in the slaughter of several brumbies years ago and the subsequent cutting up for Dingo baits and I found the meat to have a sickly sweet smell, :mrgreen: never tasted it but I am sure I could still pick the difference between a skinned horse and skinned steer :) . As a hunk of steak dont know but if the smell was the same as I remember then it would not be for me. :? Tried kangaroo years ago as well and found it to be very tough and dry, very low in fat so probably badly cooked, wild pig is OK as long as young, would not take on a fullly grown boar. :roll:
Regards
Gary
Gary,Trish & Pepper
"We're out there in The Longyard"
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

the lastest offerings

A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO