Storm Over Ballarat

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Ros20549

Storm Over Ballarat

Post by Ros20549 »

Hi Everyone, we just had the most amazing storm :o sky turned a very eerie colour looked like it was on fire, spooky.... We had lots of thunder, sheet lightning and some rain, not as bad as it looked like we were going to get, all pasted for now.....
P1110497.JPG

Cheers Ros.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Dot

Re: Storm Over Ballarat

Post by Dot »

That's a beauty Ros, we are still getting thunder and a drizzle of rain, temp has come down nicely thank goodness..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

We had a good sheet lightning display across the lake for a coupla hours, a bit of grumbling in the sky, a few drops of wet stuff and now, it's stinkin hot again and got the air con going. Wish it would make up it's mind. :twisted: :roll: :)
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Absolutely bucketing down here, got drenched to the bone in the 100yds to the car after the movies. Raining so heavily the roads are a wash and the gutters are over flowing. The thunder and lightning are spectacular though.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ros that same storm went past us ........ to the North of us but visable.

I thought the lawn was going to get some relief but nope! Back to sprinklers!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

BruceS wrote:Ros that same storm went past us ........ to the North of us but visable.

I thought the lawn was going to get some relief but nope! Back to sprinklers!
What sort of twat has a lawn?

Cheese and Rice, Bruce you come across as highly intelligent yet you have a lawn?, or are you talking about your neighbours indiscretions?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes I do try to impress & look intelligent but Dot and a few others know better!!
I love my lawns though. I'm sure it has to reduce the temperature in comparison to a rock garden or acres of concrete.
Underground water is 5ft down at this time of year in the bore so small cost of electricity & a new pump every 10 years.
Hooked up on a remote timer to go off at 1AM for 90 minutes 3 times a week on the front only.
Back looks a bit like outback Cameron's Corner!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I must confess to trying to get the grass to grow back over the huge areas or bare dirt/clay, sand and road base that make up our front yard, grass appears to die off when it doesn't see sunlight for a few yrs :lol: Brian showed us a trick of collecting the washing water and watering the lawn with it, kills the grubs that attack the fresh grass roots apparently and has been very successful in recovering the back lawn.,Sso I went out yesterday and diligently watered the lawn with the watering cans while flooding the laundry floor because I was too slow emptying one while the other watering can was filling :roll:
I figure the all the rain last night must have been the rinse cycle :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Just an update on the storms around Ballarat last night as I said we in Wendouree escaped without any damage but the poor folk in Mt Helen and Sebastopol (subburbs of Ballarat) and surrounding districts were not so lucky, large hail stone damage, trees down roofs off property damage and a lot of fallen trees some on cars etc. most as I am lead to believe happened in the second storm front that come throught about 1pm. Hope everyone who had storms last night are OK

Cheers Ros.
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....